[SOLD] Custom Asus G703GI-XS98K from HIDevolution

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Entionz, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entionz

Entionz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    FS: Custom Asus G703GI-XS98K from HIDevolution

Price: SOLD

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, expires: June 2019

Reason for sale: Acquiring a 15-inch with one PSU

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Kansas City, Missouri, USA

Shipping: UPS
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: *LCD Panel
    17.3" 144Hz IPS Level Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare Wide-Viewing Angle Display w/ G-Sync technology

*Video Card
    Overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 w/ 8GB GDDR5

*Processor
    Intel 8th Generation "Coffee Lake" Core i9-8950HK (2.9-4.8GHz) 6 Core - 12 Thread
    Processor, 12MB Smart Cache

*Thermal Interface Materials
    Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat
    sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE – installed by HIDevolution

*Memory
    HIDevolution Approved Premium 16GB DDR4/2666MHz (1 x 16GB) - installed by
    HIDevolution

*RAID Options
    RAID 0 (Striping - Best Performance)
    M.2 PCIe SSD (for RAID configurations)
    512GB (2 x 256GB) ASUS Approved M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD
    2.5" HDD/SSD Bay
    Empty HDD bay (with caddy/adapter)

*Wireless Cards
    Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 5.0

*Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Professional, 64bit, English
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive

*Power Adapter
    2 x 280W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)
    Internal Battery
    Internal 8 cell battery, 71WHrs

*Warranty and Service
    Asus 360 1 Year Warranty + LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support
    Accidental Damage Protection
    1 Year Accidental Damage Protection

*Asus ROG Front Lid Logo Color
    Asus full RGB lighting Front Lid Logo - Standard

This thing is insanely powerful. I've also opened it only a handful of times in the 3.5 months I've had it. Crazy powerful, but with two power bricks, I'm looking for something a little smaller. Ask me any questions about this unit! Also, I know I don't have much feedback to provide since I don't use eBay too often, but I'm more than willing to get in contact with the buyer to ensure everything goes smoothly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    InOrderToSignIn likes this.
  2. InOrderToSignIn

InOrderToSignIn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome machine, have a Gl503 and couldn't be happier with it. Good luck with the sale! It's a sturdy machine, love the build quality.

Entionz and saturnotaku like this.
  3. NicolasAngel

NicolasAngel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, may I ask a few things about the laptop you have on sale? I'm interested in the machine, but not in the position to pull the trigger at the moment. So, meanwhile I'd like to ask a few things while I wait for things to develop on my side.
    1. How's the cooling like? Does the machine throttle while using benchmarking tools?
    2. What games have you played on the machine and at what settings?
    3. Under those stressful conditions (1 and 2), how loud are the fans?
    4. Could you describe the battery life? Idle; gaming; mail checking, browsing the web?
    5. How easy or difficult is it to access the internals for maintenance and storage upgrade?
    6. What do you think about the screen? Is it bright enough or too dim? Any screen bleeding?
    7. Have you encountered any problem with the machine throughout the time of usage?

4. Entionz

Reputations:
    Thanks for the questions!

1. Cooling is AMAZING. The only benchmarking tool I ran was Cinebench, and it put up scores of 1500+ back-to-back, six times in a row, maxed at 4.8GHz with Intel XTU open, without thermal or power throttling. I hadn't undervolted, or done anything like that. The i9-8950HK remained ~65-70C.
    2. I haven't done much gaming on it, but I ran Destiny 2 and the Witcher 3 for a few hours each. I was averaging ~80 on the Witcher 3 on ultra, and ~140 on Destiny 2 on Ultra. It flies.
    3. During those gaming sessions, the fans were loud, but not overpowering if you're wearing a headset or using a sound system. If you set the fans to their manual max, they are VERY loud and can be heard through a headset if the volume is low. CPU and GPU liked to hover ~75 C.
    4. Battery life in general is poor. Since this machine has such powerful internals, at idle, you can get 90 minutes and maybe stretch it to 2.5 hours, if you turn off all RGB's and halve the screen brightness. Browsing the web lightly and checking email, about 2 hours. I haven't gamed on just the battery as the components would throttle down, but I expect it would only last 45 minutes to an hour.
    5. Looks to be easy to maintain. A single base screw under a rubber foot provides access to the RAM and hard drives. Regarding accessing the cooling system and fans, it looks like more screws on the outside of the chassis would need to be removed, but it doesn't look bad at all.
    6. The screen is vibrant, fast, and bright. Definitely bright enough to my eyes, with minimal--if any--screen bleed.
    7. Nope, no problems. It's fast, well-built, and I haven't had any Windows or driver glitches. HIDevolution did a great job preparing this machine.

5. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't mean to sound cynical, but this machine is only a few months old and sells for $3600 new. 3.5 months later and you're trying to sell it for $2200? Why so low?

6. Entionz

Reputations:
    All good! I took a look around the forums and observed what else is available for sale. Plus, I haven't had a lot of offers at higher price-points.

alaskajoel and InOrderToSignIn like this.
  7. Entionz

Reputations:
    Sold to alaskajoel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.