[SOLD] Clevo p870DM2/3-G

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Hackintoshihope, Dec 26, 2018.

?

Price

Poll closed Feb 28, 2019.
  1. Way to High

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Way to Low

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Just Right

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Clevo p870DM2/3-G

Price: $1550 USD

Pricing Methodology: I am pricing this close to what raw parts value is for the machine. I will take any offers written or PMd to me into consideration. If you have any questions, or critique about price I will be glad to also hear that!

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, expires: March 2019

Warranty Explanation: Covers only the motherboard which was replaced.

Reason for sale: Moved to a desktop as something this large has rarely if ever left my desk

Payment: PayPal

Item location: IN, United States

Shipping: Postal service, UPS, FedEx

International shipping: No

Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment

Specifications of Machine:

p870DMG2/3-G Chassis w/ Brand New p870TM Keyboard Installed & Modified Bios that is compatible with 6, 7, 8 & 9 Series CPU's

NVIDIA GTX 1080 (Overclocked and Unlocked Vbios) w/ non vapor chamber

4K, 60hz IPS Display

Intel Dual Band 8260 Wireless Adapter

i7 8700K Delidded and Liquid Metal (4.6GHZ all cores)

32GB of HyperX Impact 3200MHz DDR4 CL20 RAM (2x 16GB DIMMS)

2x 1TB HDD in RAID 0 w/ Windows 10 Pro (Freshly Installed)

Other Details about Item:

This machine started its life as a Sager Branded: Clevo p870DM2/3-G but has now since come out of warranty for everything except the motherboard (as it was replaced and has been guaranteed for 6 months from time of repair) and has been heavily modified.

Includes:

Computer

2x 330W Power Adapters with the 660W Converter Box

Box and Secure Packing Material

The Good:

It is in perfect mechanical condition *with all installed parts* (this is key, read on) and is guaranteed to not be DOA. It has performed extremely well, and maintains a solid 4.6GHZ overclock on all cores with a 1.2-1.3 voltage (for some reason even with manual voltage it still fluctuates). I have delidded the CPU and used liquid metal for better thermal performance. Liquid metal has also been applied to the GPU for better thermals. The GPU has also been overclocked and has an overclockable vbios for easy tuning.

The Bad:

The p870DM2/3 motherboard was replaced due to a hardware failure, when it was replaced and I tested components I found something interesting. It seems that there is a quirk with the motherboard where the slots under the keyboard do not accept overclocked RAM. However if using factory specific 2400MHZ RAM all 4 slots can be occupied. If overclocked RAM is desired such as the ones in the machine now that are 3200MHZ you must use the bottom two slots only. I am not sure if this is standard in these machines or just something with this board.

*UPDATE*

I have contacted Sager and they will fix it and as I have said previously an RMA has been set up and can be processed to have the 4th slot fixed.

*UPDATE #2*

Laptop is currently being sent in for repair will report back and let you know of when the machine is fixed. RAM slot issues will be removed from this listing when it is fixed.

*UPDATE #3*

Issue with motherboard has been updated with the following information.

Laptop was sent in and Sager checked with lower clocked RAM and while doing so all 4 slots functioned in their test. For reference I was using 3200MHZ RAM and the sticks of RAM do not work in the slots under the keyboard but do work in the slots underneath the machine. Sager reproduced this. What this means is that all the slots do work but slots under the keyboard are not functional with such a high overclock.

*UPDATE #4*

Sager continues to test multiple main boards, the system will post with 4 sticks of RAM up to 3000MHZ in both of the slots under the keyboard but not with my 3200MHZ ram. My ram will only work under the chassis or with a combination of one slot under the keyboard and one slot under the chassis.

They are still going to try and test a couple more boards but if they cannot find one it seems that one of these slots are further away from the socket (I am guessing) that is why it does not function with the higher clocked ram.

What this proves is that both slots do work but that the machine will not work as of right now with 4 sticks at 3200MHZ.

*UPDATE #5*

Sager has shipped the unit back to me. It was confirmed that 3200MHZ RAM will only work in the bottom two slots. However 3000MHZ RAM will work in all four slots. They confirmed this behavior in 6 different motherboards.

I have decided to sell the machine at $1550 if I cannot get this in the next two weeks I will be piecing out the machine! Thanks, if you have any questions please let me know!

Pictures Proving I Own it and it is Working (I made this listing on it):

[​IMG]
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Screen Not On Explanation: It is connected to an external monitor that is mounted near the middle of my desk whereas the computer is sitting on a cooling pad to the right most side of my desk

Additional Pictures of Stress Test Results of Machine (If Requested):

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    krakr likes this.
  2. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    Bump miner edits and price adjustments.

3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Can you add some pictures for the inside?
    The 4th RAM slot issue can be the cpu or cpu socket, try clean the cpu backside with alcohol very well and see if the problem will be solved, you will need a magnifier to check that all surface is clean, it happend with me before.`

M18x-oldie and TheDantee like this.
  4. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    Again warranty will cover this issue. I can have this fixed (wait the 20 days) but will need original parts put back into the machine.

5. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    Responded and Bump.

7. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    can you send me more info on the bois mod as well , interested in machine too

8. Ontra

Ontra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi)
    I want to ask a few questions. I'm also wrote to you on ebay few days ago.
    The problem with the ram slot solved ?
    Modified bios is prema bios ?
    What temperatures cpu and gpu reaching under the load ?
    As it MG2/3-G chassis, it doesn't have extra radiator on cpu heatsink ?

9. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    If you want more information on the bios mod please go to the Sager/Clevo forum and research the post there on the dsanke mod. It allows for 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th generation processors to all work in the machine.

I apologize I didn’t see anything on eBay I haven’t been selling on my account recently. I’ll check your message there as well.

The computer was sent in for repair and will hopefully be fixed in the next 1 - 2 weeks. So when that happens I’ll edit the listing to indicate it was fixed.

No the bios is dsanke the free version provided by the community please check the Sager/Clevo forum.

77C for the GPU with an unlocked power limit modification with a constant clock of 1890MHZ on the core.

75C for the CPU with a 4.6GHZ overclock. But yes you are correct this model only has three heat pipes instead of four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ontra

Ontra Newbie

Reputations:
    No need to apologize :)
    I wonder is it possible to replace cpu heatsink with the p870tm one and also how much will I loose or get in teps if I replace gpu heatsink with vapor chamber one with regular paste, becasue I'm afraid of liquid metal on the gpu :(
    Also what are the disadvantages of dsanke bios compared with prema ?

P.S. As I know sound cards are also different in dm/km/tm. But what is the exact difference ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.