SOLD: Clevo P870DM-G with Extras

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by TheDantee, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Clevo P870DM-G with Extras

Price: $800 USD or best offer

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: MXM Cards Cost to much for me, Building a Mini ITX Desktop

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Ontario, Canada

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: CPU - 6700k (This CPU Is Delided, however is not put back together I just slapped the IHS back over the die after applying new paste and called it a day, dropped my temps the same just something to note)
    RAM - 16GB (2x8GB Sticks at 2133MHz)
    Storage - None I'll be keeping that for my Next Build
    GPU - 880M (Has some issues read below)
    Display - 1440p 120Hz and a 1080p 60Hz
    Cooler - Comes with a Stock Cooler Master U3 Cooler (the usb is a little finicky and needs to be positioned just right to receive power, I would recommend swapping the stock fans to Desktop grade 120mm Fans you can find many forum posts about this mod on the forum)

The Laptop comes with a 1440p 120Hz Panel with what looks to me like 1 dead pixel or it could be something behind the screen when I installed it, either way it has been noted and shown in photos so you are aware. Also comes with a 1080p 60Hz Panel used for like 2 months in case you don't like the 1440p panel.

As for the GPU I started off with a MSI 1070 for this system but I ended up breaking that a couple months ago so as a cheap fix I found a "Broken" 880M for 20$ in my area and used it since around May or June, The Card has issues and cannot run GeForce Drivers or you get Artifacts on the Screen however running as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the card seems to run fine with hiccups here and there. This will need to be Replaced if you plan on Gaming on this Machine.

The System comes ready for SLI 1070 as that was the Plan I had gone with when I originally bought the system, however due to the high cost in my area to get MSI MXM 1070 Cards with the SLI Connectors (same price as a 1080Ti) I decided to scrap it and am looking to sell the system. comes with the SLI Cable, Both GPU Heatsinks (The Primary GPU Heatsink is a little bent for some reason but can still be screwed into the GPU mounting holes but I thought I'd mention it), 2 330W Power Supplies with the Adpater to use both at the same time, in the images u can see the one tab on both heatsinks are bent back I realized when I got my first 1070 this was interfering with one of the mosfets and affected my cooling performance so I bent it back and seemed to fix my issue. The bottom Mesh has been ripped out to allow more airflow into the chassis, and the plastic framing between the ram slots and the Secondary GPU Slot was removed as I noticed the 2nd 1070 was not going to git easily with that piece there.

The System comes with a Custom Unlocked Bios I paid for from a user named SVET over on the MSI Forums, but you can easily find bios threads here on NBR to enable 8700k and even 9900k Support if you really wanted to upgrade the CPU on this machine. Im looking for roughly 900 USD for everything Both PSUs, Both Display, All the SLI Stuff, CPU and Ram with the somewhat dead 880m. Im also open to other offers you may have but I have looked around on ebay and such and I think this is a pretty good deal for this system from what I gathered. I did have some heating issues with the machine at the start when i got it but after using different TIMs and remove the mesh at the bottom adding tape between the fins of the heatsinks and the fans, and running the fans at max on a Cooler Master U3 Cooler I was running around 65C on the 1070 in Games when I had it installed and the Cpu in the High 60s low 70s. If you have any Questions or Concerns Feel Free to ask And I will get back to you as soon as I can. Have a Great Day!

[​IMG]
    Below I have provided an Image with my username Linked to a webpage where you can see more images of the system (I thought it would be to many to post to one forum post) this is just for proof that I do own said Item. You can find more images here - https://imgur.com/a/AqNanXR
    [​IMG]
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. TheDantee

Reputations:
  3. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How did the gtx 1070 break?

I would say keep the laptop, it's one of a kind now supporting 9th gen cpus. I'll spec mine out eventually with 2 gtx 1080 in sli. I'll get the heatsinks cncd though.

4. TheDantee

Reputations:
    Already bought all the parts for my new desktop It costs me I picked up the Beefy Aorus 1080Ti for 700 CAD (roughly what they go for in my area) and a MSI 1070 MXM is 750 CAD Roughly which was a no brainer for me just to rebuild a new desktop. The 9900k is just a heat magnet and for 660 CAD (before tax) I dont think its worth it so I picked up a Ryzen 1800x for 200 CAD for my new desktop build. I think the 1070 is chipped on the corner I have it posted if u want to check it out - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fs-broken-msi-gtx-1070-mxm.825589/

5. TheDantee

Reputations:
    Also price drop to 800 USD - Great Deal for what your getting in this bundle IMO

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  6. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    When did you buy the card? Lol, it looks very similar to my chipped one.

7. TheDantee

Reputations:
    It was working when I bought it got it off ebay in May maybe?

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  8. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    OK bro, I might have a look at that card as I can replace the bga chip with the tools at work. Thanks for that link and good luck selling the laptop!

TheDantee likes this.
  9. liosafe

liosafe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello can you please sent me massage? Thank you

10. TheDantee

Reputations:
    PMd

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.