[SOLD] Clevo P775TM-G 8700K GTX1080

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by BrightSmith, Apr 26, 2021.

1. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    P775TM-G 8700K GTX1080

Price: SOLD

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, expires: October 2021 (only EU)

Reason for sale: Buying new light laptop with rtx 3070

Payment: PayPal, Bank transfer

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, Open for negotation
    International shipping: Yes
    Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: Basic info

Screen: 17.3" FHD 144Hz 9ms, 72% NTSC, non-glare LED (G-Sync)
    CPU: 8700K (desktop processor)
    GPU: full fat GTX 1080 MXM
    Memory: 16GB 2400mhz HyperX
    SSD1: Crucial MX500
    SSD2: Samsung 860 QVO 2TB
    WIFI: Intel AC-9260
    Keyboard: Azerty, Belgisch
    Battery: 82w, 18% wear level
    Adapter: 330w
    Warranty: ends 3/10/2021 pickup & return (reseller: laptopparts4less)

Repaste info (last repaste: March 2021)
    CPU with ThermalGrizzly Kryonaut
    GPU with ThermalGrizzly Conductonaut
    VRAM and VRMs with K5-PRO

The Good
    The laptop has been used daily for office work and media, but not very intensively - I probably game a maximum of four hours per week. It's still a powerful beast that plays the latest games at FHD at high to ultra settings very smoothly. Thanks to G-Sync you don't suffer drops in framerates when playing single player games with all eye candy on.

Cyberpunk on Ultra settings FHD: between 45 and 55 fps. Lower some settings to high and you run a steady 60 fps.
    Deus Ex Humankind Divided Ultra FHD 2xMSAA: +60fps
    The Witcher Ultra FHD: +70 fps

I've chosen SATA SSDs because they run cooler than nvme and for my use (office, gaming) their performance was more than sufficient.

With a bios update you can upgrade the CPU up to a 9900KS and the GPU up to a RTX 2080 Super (if you find the parts)

One of the strong points of this sale is that the laptop is still under warranty until October 2021.

The Bad

The cable of the adapter is quite loose and will drop out of the laptop if you move it. This wasn't an issue for me as I left it mostly stationary. If it annoys you you can ask for another adapter as it is still under warranty.

The Ugly

The laptop has been used daily and although it is not damaged it shows signs of use (light scratches etc).

It's a DTR, so it's heavy, but what do you expect.

My repaste of the thermal pads with K5-PRO is very effective, but it's also a messy substance. I can clean it up for you, but I won't repaste it with something new. I don't want to spend time and money on that.

My repaste of the GPU with Conductonaut works very well to tame the 1080. With an undervolt and max fans it runs a cool 63°C when running intensive games (Cyberpunk eg). I have protected the die with electric tape, a 'straw dam' and a K5-PRO dam so it should be protected against leakages. However, there is always a small possibility that something goes wrong during transport and the risk of shortcircuiting is yours. I can remove and clean up the LM application if you want, but I will not spend time and money on repasting the gpu with something else.

Price and payment

This laptop is also for sale on the Dutch site tweakers.net where you can bid in excess of €1000 for three weeks.
    I offer the laptop here to NBR members for a fixed €1250 price, a €100 discount if you pay with bank transfer and a €100 discount if you pick it up locally. I will ship the laptop asap when I receive payment. I prefer to sell it within the EU to minimize the paperwork and to established members of the NBR community.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://ibb.co/16ff0gY
    https://ibb.co/wy9ySTD

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Papusan likes this.
  2. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    Final call, as there's someone interested I will make a sell at the end of the week.

3. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    interested but i am in portage in usa

4. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    Thanks for the interest. You can always PM me for an offer, but it's fair to say that as a buyer you'll be at a disadvantage because (1) warranty doesn't extend beyond EU; (2) additional costs for transport and toll charges.

5. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    This laptop has been SOLD!