SOLD: ASUS ROG G751JY-WH71(WX) 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, 1TB SSHD + 1TB hdd GTX 980M

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by cucubits, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ASUS ROG G751JY-WH71(WX) 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, 1TB SSHD + 1TB hdd GTX 980M

Price: $620 USD

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: Bought a new laptop

Payment: PayPal

Item location: IRVING, TX, US

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, UPS
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment

Feedback: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/itrader.php?u=316362

Specifications: Intel® Core™ i7 4720HQ 2.60 GHz
    Windows 10 Home
    Intel® HM87 Express Chipset
    DDR3 16 GB
    17.3" 16:9 IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glare
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX980M with 4GB GDDR5
    1TB SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) Seagate 1TB FireCuda Gaming SATA 6Gb/s Flash Accelerated (8GB) Performance Hard Drive (ST1000LX015)
    1TB HDD
    Optical Drive
    Card Reader
    Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
    Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0
    10/100/1000/Gigabits Base T
    1 x Microphone-in jack
    2 x Headphone-out jack (SPDIF)
    1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
    4 x USB 3.0 port(s)
    1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
    1 x HDMI
    Built-in Speakers And Digital Array Microphone
    Built-in subwoofer
    MaxxAudio support
    Battery
    8Cells 6000 mAh
    Power Adapter

Dimensions
    16.4 x 12.5 x 0.9 ~1.7 inch (WxDxH)
    Weight
    8.4 lbs

In order to still have a chance of sleeping in the same bedroom as my wife, after buying a new RTX2080 laptop, I'm going to have to sell this one. It's an ASUS G751JY. I bought it new in 2016. It has the 980m and everything works on it. It's in perfect shape, no damage, I haven't disassembled it ever. It's spent most of its life in my home on my desk. Not traveling with it.

Specs from ASUS. Most of the ones listed above are copied from here, I do hope I haven't messed up any of them. If in doubt, feel free to ask anything and look at the pics.
    https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JY/specifications/

Only difference from stock is that I added a 1TB SSHD so it comes with 2TB total storage space.

I'm never looking to get the absolute max value from my sales but I am also not a fan of negotiation. In this case I believe it's a fair price for a capable machine. It's still able to run very well any current games albeit some settings must be lowered.

A note on my feedback link above. That's the only place I really have some activity, an RC forum. If needed, I can prove that that's actually me. I can post something on that forum for example. I may end up posting this laptop there too.

Yes, I do have the original box and if I need to ship it, I will pack it really well and double box it. I am looking to get $600 for the laptop. The reason for $620 asking price is for the stupid paypal fees. Open to other options here but I'm not sure what they would be. The shipping expense will have to be covered additionally by the buyer.

The best scenario is if the buyer is close to DFW area. I'm willing to drive up to 100 miles in any direction for personal pickup, in which case $600 is all I ask for.

DISCLAIMER: Please read the post carefully, please look at the pictures and ask me anything if it's not clear. Since it is out of warranty, while it's working perfectly, it's sold as is. I would love to avoid a situation where the buyer is not happy. I can answer any questions, show any additional pictures, videos, whatever is required, before the purchase. The sale is final.

1.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    10.jpeg

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

2. cucubits

Reputations:
    More pics for your viewing pleasure :)

5.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    11.jpeg

3. jsabin69

jsabin69 Newbie

Reputations:
    Which laptop did you replace it with?

4. cucubits

Reputations:
    Got the Asus G703GX, the one with i7-8750H and RTX2080.

5. cucubits

Reputations:
    If anyone's on the fence thinking about this do let me know. For now it's posted only here but if there's no traction, I will post it on ebay and other places. Not in a rush but it's a good gaming machine and someone should take advantage of this deal.

6. cucubits

Reputations:
    Still available and this upcoming weekend I'm going down to Houston area. In the off chance that someone from there was eyeballing this, we'd save shipping cost and paypal fees. Win win :)

7. cucubits

Reputations:
    Still available.

It's also posted on rcgroups forum and in about a week or so it's going on ebay too.

I am starting to see some interest but nothing serious so far. We're getting close to finding a new home for this laptop :)

8. cucubits

Reputations:
    Still available.

FYI, if someone's waiting for the price to drop, I'm sorry but it won't happen. No matter how you look at it, it's fair for the capabilities and condition of the notebook.

Worst case scenario, I'll keep it as a backup machine and will find some specific task for it.

9. cucubits

Reputations:
    Still available. What's wrong with you ppl? It's an awesome machine. Someone buy it already ! :p

Basically I've been lazy to dig up my old ebay account and set it up there. For now...

10. cucubits

Reputations:
    Fine, you guys win. I'll lower the price.

$550 + shipping if not delivered in person.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.