[SOLD] ASUS GX701 Laptop -17.3 1080p 144Hz, 9750H, RTX 2080 90w, 32G DDR4, 2TB nVME, TONS of extras!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by AndroidVageta, Oct 24, 2020.

1. AndroidVageta

AndroidVageta Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Price: $1,900 - SOLD locally for $1,800

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: Upgraded to Desktop PC for less headache

Payment: PayPal or Local

Item location: Monroe, GA, USA

Shipping:
    USPS Priority

International shipping: No

Handling time:
    Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

More info on Payment and Shipping:

PayPal or Local meet up (30655 - Georgia) only. Only Verified PayPal users and I will only ship to the address on your account. Local meet up will be in a very public place (possibly a police station) and cash only.

Shipping will be via the cheapest/safest option or whatever the buyer chooses. I'm looking to split the costs of shipping as I'm sure it won't be cheap. It'll be shipped in the hard shell case along with a combination lock to prevent tampering.

Feedback: https://www.heatware.com/u/67251/to (older, PM me on Reddit I have more and recent feedback there)

Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H Hex-Core with Hyper Threading

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 90 watt

RAM: 2x16GB Dual Channel DDR4-2666MHz

SSD: 2TB Inland Performance TCL nVME

Screen: 17.3 inch 1080p 144Hz IPS with HDR400 Support (local dimming supported)

----

Please read the listing carefully.

----

Pictures of the laptop: https://imgur.com/a/oUvDPPU

----

Asus GX701GX is the model. It's all original except for the swapped out 2TB nVME vs. the original 1TB nVME.

This laptop is special because unlike other thin and compact 2080 laptops, some not so thin, it has the 90 watt version of the 2080 (compared to 80 watt of most others) which offers better performance and it also doesn't thermal throttle the GPU so you get max performance 100% of the time! Other laptops can lose 20-30% performance from high thermals, not here!

If you want to get a thin and compact 2080 based laptop THIS is the one to get!

*Specs:*

CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H Hex-Core with Hyper Threading

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Max-Q 90 watt

RAM: 2x16GB Dual Channel DDR4-2666MHz

SSD: 2TB Inland Performance TCL nVME (https://www.amazon.com/Inland-Performance-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B07TBBCWYK)

Screen: 17.3 inch 1080p 144Hz IPS with HDR400 Support (local dimming supported)

Full RGB Per-Key Keyboard with Numpad (mouse pad doubles as touch NumPad)

2 x USB-C Ports (laptop can charge using one of these up to 60 watts), 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x 3.5mm headphone/mic

----

Accessories:

Pictures of case and accessories: https://imgur.com/a/Gv8pp1K

Case is a Harbor Freight Apache 4800 Hard Shell Waterproof Case. The interior has been custom made by me using the included foam and felt cutouts. Really cool and snug fit, totally safe and protected! Buyer has their choice of colors as well, Sand or OD Green.

Logitech G700s Gaming Mouse

8BitDo SN30Pro Bluetooth Controller

USB-C to 3 x USB 3.0 and Ethernet adapter

Targus 65 watt USB-C Power Adaptor (this laptop supports USB-C charging, 60w max)

Linearflux Hypercharger 20,800mAh External Battery with 100w USB-C output/input

Samsung AKG wired earbuds

128GB Sandisk USB thumb drive

2 x Asus 230 watt Power Adapters - One to keep in the case, one to keep at home!

Various other cables and adapters (HDMI, CAT5, USB adapters, etc)

----

*Condition and Issues:*

I tried to take some good pictures so please look carefully. Condition it's pretty damn good. Outside the normal sort of tiny scratches around some of the ports and some bottom scuffs the laptop is super clean and sharp! No noticeable wear on the keyboard or mouse pad (no shine). Very slight scratches out of the very few that are here. Can't stress the shape this laptop is in. Lid looks flawless.

Temps are great and it honestly just works perfectly.

Speaking of temps please notice the genuine leather covered aluminum plate on the bottom of the laptop. I custom made this so that the heat from the bottom of the laptop doesn't burn when it's in your lap. This cover does not block ANY airflow since air is sucked in from the top of the laptop above the keyboard (notice all the holes?) and blown out the rear and sides. It adds minimal thickness all while looking and feeling great while keeping this laptop a true LAPtop. Very few, if any laptops like this are meant to sit in your lap due to heat, this one however can and, for me, it's a BIG plus.

This laptop runs anything out there no issues, so much power in such a slim sexy package! If I didn't want to get a new PC racing setup and repair my real world car I would NOT be selling this!

*Now...for the two issues.*

Screen: At some point I caused some tiny scuffs on the screen and there's a single dead pixel. It REALLY isn't noticeable unless you're looking for it and doesn't really bother anything...while gaming it disappears. It's not a BRIGHT pixel either so it's not distracting in dark scenes. Other than this the screen is flawless, bright, and beautiful.

Any case I included a full gallery just for full disclosure: https://imgur.com/a/jHUQlsX

Keyboard: The "O" and "F10" backlighting doesn't seem to sometimes match the other keys. I reinstalled Windows when I swapped drives and downloaded the wrong RGB software (there's *several* on the Windows Store) and changed these two keys using one of them and they've never been the same since. They worked fine once and I know I did something with some software to them so maybe they can be fixed? They do work fine though on some colors (see pics).

Other than these two things I've had zero issues. One of them might even be fixable.

----

**As for pricing based on the screen condition, eBay listings, local listings, laptops sold here, etc I'm looking to get *$1,900* for it ALL.** SOLD SOLD SOLD

Of course I'm willing to possibly remove some accessories for a lower price and **all reasonable offers are welcomed**! We'll leave it up to the PM's for details. No lowballs please, I feel the price respectfully reflects the couple issues and you are NOT going to find a laptop near similar for a similar price.

Let me know if you got an offer and please comment before messaging, thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. AndroidVageta

Reputations:
    Price drop...send me some offers I can't refuse!

3. Rayed Bajwa

Rayed Bajwa Newbie

Reputations:
    1500 via verified PP right now?

4. AndroidVageta

Reputations:
    Eh I'll hold out for now. I know for $1,500 it'll get gone QUICK even a little while from now. I could maybe do $1,900 + 1/2 shipping. Other than that I'll wait, selling for a racing simulator, not for bills or debt lol! Thanks for the offer though and let me know if you wanna work something out.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  5. Rayed Bajwa

Rayed Bajwa Newbie

Reputations:
    I just bought the 10th gen ge66 with 2070 super for 1800. Just wanted to throw an offer since there are some goodies involved. Let me know. I can do 1500 plus shipping at best

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

6. AndroidVageta

Reputations:
    Eh, based on all I'm seeing I'm still gonna hold out for a bit. Even if it's just a couple hundred more. Definitely appreciate the offer though!

7. Rayed Bajwa

Rayed Bajwa Newbie

Reputations:
    Sounds good, thank you

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk