[SOLD] Alienware M18x Space Black

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by 3demons, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfractal

mfractal T|I

Reputations:
    money sent... ;)

2. 3demons

3demons Battlefield 3 Ace

Reputations:
    SOLD! thanks guys, mods if you can keep it up until buyer recieves the lappy and reports back.

thanks again!

3. mfractal

mfractal T|I

Reputations:
    Received the laptop 2 days ago. Shipping was as agreed and everything was on time.
    I was disappointed to find quite a big scratch on the rubber grip on top of the latop which the seller claims wasn't there when he sent it but i find it hard to believe since the box was never opened on the way.
    Also, the keyboard keys Control Function and Windows are broken and get stuck inside if you press them - seller said he never noticed that either since he was using an external keyboard.

Called Dell to replace the keyboard - tech is on his way, they won't do anything about the scratch though so guess i am stuck with that.

Except that, all hardware seems ok (haven't tested the GPUs under load yet).

Wish the seller would be more straightforward with the condition of the laptop, i would still take it, only not be so unpleasantly surprised when i opened it.

4. qohelet

qohelet Senior Member

Reputations:
    that sucks:eek:

5. mfractal

mfractal T|I

Reputations:
    Ok, so tech replaced the keyboard. One issue less.

Now trying to convince dell to replace the scratched part. That's going to be a problem...

here's a picture of it by the way.

[​IMG]

6. qohelet

qohelet Senior Member

Reputations:
    i don't see the scratch on the OP pictures. try rubbing it and see if it goes away. is it a deep scratch? i doubt dell will replace it because of the scratch...

7. mfractal

mfractal T|I

Reputations:
    I don't see it too, but the pictures are of very low quality so not sure if it's there or not.
    I had to take the picture at a certain angle to make that scratch visible, so...
    Another option is that it was scratched after the picture was taken but it's definitely there and it's definitely a scratch. I can't rub it off, it's quite deep.

8. orijin

orijin Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    dell rarely would replace the comp for cosmetics just fyi!

and for that piece the whole entire lcd assembly would be replaced for dell's views they wouldn't replace just that piece. (experience with the m17x r2)

9. mfractal

mfractal T|I

Reputations:
    yup, that's about the answer i got from them.
    As i said, the scratch by itself didn't bother me that much - the fact the seller didn't mention it does.

10. qohelet

qohelet Senior Member

Reputations:
    just let it go. there's nothing you can do about it now.:( he didn't even try to explain himself here.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.