[SOLD] Alienware M17x R3 w/ 6970M and 4 years Complete Care - Priced to sell fast !!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Torai, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torai

Torai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Update: I've had 3 offers so far:
    - 1 from NYC, USA: backed out
    - 1 from Slovenia: pending...
    - 1 from Canada: pending...

2. trooper1414

trooper1414 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Torai...how comfortable are you with international offers...as in i got an offer from Slovenia ..too...I knw hezz a great guy but ...just wanted to find out...if you could guide me...on the whole process..and charges on shipping and warranty

and for the record...i am not sure why anyone isnt buying this....as in it should have been gone...the second it came on...i think its a fantastic deal !!

3. Torai

Reputations:
    Thanks trooper. I think its not weekend yet and ppl have to work. I'll let it stay here for 1-2 days more.

Regarding international offers, I would probably say no unless they paid for UPS/FedEx with tracking number.

The guy from Slovenia told me to ship USPS and he'll pick up at Slovenia local post office. But I kept thinking about it. There is no way we - seller in the US - know that the package has been delivered with USPS. What if they report item as lost ? We have no proof of delivery and Paypal will just refund the buyer.

For that said, I might not agree to sell to this guy from Slovenia. Unless he paid by Paypal gift - which might be risky to him, but in a forum sale trust is really important.

4. Ryan

Ryan NBR Moderator

Reputations:
    Is this HeavenCry by any chance?

I can vouch for him. And also, you can track with USPS, as I shipped via USPS to him and it was fully trackable.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

5. Torai

Reputations:
    Ryan,

Yes that's him. I called USPS and they said they only deliver to the post office. Thats why they dont need to know the exact address you are shipping to - just Slovenia is enough. Because they will not be responsible for the package after that.

I really have no idea. :confused:

6. Ryan

Ryan NBR Moderator

Reputations:
    I really didn't know that to be honest.

I just rechecked the tracking info, and it seems to just say "Delivered" after customs clearance.

But nevertheless, I'll PM you about something.

7. Torai

Reputations:
    Thanks Ryan for the info ! Its always a pleasure working with great members like you. I'll reconsider it and see how it goes.

8. Torai

Reputations:
    bump ! someone gets this deal !!!

9. HeavenCry

HeavenCry Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    To clear this up, they only care to know its SLO becouse once the package gets to customs our post office takes over (doesnt matter if you ship with UPS/Fedex/USPS...). I have to send a receipt clearly stating how much i paid and the package then gets delivered to my door and i have to pay the postman the tax (20% standard tax in this case, no customs for such electronics).

10. Torai

Reputations:
    That makes sense now. What if the customs open the package and steal items? Could they open the package without your presence ?

Post offices are different in each country I guess. For example, I heard only bad things about shipping to India. And Nigeria where there are a lot of scams. I will never ship there :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.