1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Software for Increasing Sound Volume

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by mutammim, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutammim

mutammim Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Is there any windows software for increasing the sound volume level beyond the max level in Windows "Volume" (at the system tray)? Reason I'm asking is that when playing Divx (or other similar format) in WMP 11, the sound level can be quite low. It could be that it was encoded at a low sound level.

I could always plug in an amplified external speaker or use a headphone, but it is not always convenient for me to do so.

Thanks

2. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    then there is not much u can do

that is exactly a "software.booster" would do, u can try to turn on WMP equalizer, or use any other player (winamp per ex) that has plug.in booster

cheers ...

3. mtrivs

mtrivs Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe thats why he is looking for a program (because he has already increased the volume all the way.

look into this links:
    http://www.fidelityamplifier.com/evaluation.html

4. RedSensiStar

RedSensiStar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    External speaker are your best bet.

WMP does have a lower sound, even at max, I have noticed wih Divx as well. Try a different media player to see if the sound is better. Look into Winamp, TLC Media Player, or Divx player itself. iTunes plays movies louder I think too. I don't know if its possible with iTunes for movies, but for music, you can go into properties for the song and "boost" the output volume. The default setting is "normal" (50%) and you can push it to 100%. I'll check to see if it does movies now.