So, now that the old blade is on sale for 1500...

Discussion in 'Razer' started by wr41thx, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xerojin

xerojin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last few words are important... "when you need to make the purchase."

Your criteria only fits when you don't need to make the purchase... then it's just all fluff and subjective to when the person wants to buy something...

I guess I read the original post incorrectly now that I'm looking at it. Your criteria fits better :thumbsup:

2. wr41thx

wr41thx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hah, technology is always about planned obsolescence! There will always be something newer and better as long as Moore's Law continues to hold true. Maybe I should spend some time in the MSI forum too. I mean, the gift cards wont expire, though the sale at amazon might... =\

3. wr41thx

Reputations:
    soooo I just found out I can get around $450 off a lenovo y50 due to where i work. More research u_u

4. sneaky2toes

sneaky2toes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The lack of expand-ability of the new Blade is what made me look elsewhere. I am pretty sure I will be picking up a Gigabyte P34v2 cf2 next month. I work overseas so having a laptop is a must for travel and I need more space than 512 GB. Saving over $1000 is nice too :)

5. wr41thx

Reputations:
    Ugh, im still really tempted by last year's blade being 1500. I think i can live with the screen....now im more concerned about the performance between the gtx765 and the gtx870. Im thinking about selling my xbox one and hooking up the blade to my tv with a laptop cooler to replace it. almost every game for the xbox one is pretty much coming to pc....or already on pc. Hilariously enough, i could buy an original blade and the cheapest macbook air for almost the same price as the new blade. XD

6. zonjax

zonjax Newbie

Reputations:
    So as of just moments ago, Amazon's $1499.99 2013 Razer Blade 14 256GB is *poof* gone. Replaced by a third party seller offering it for $1899.99.

I broke down and ordered one not 24 hours ago, right after my Gigabyte P34Gv2 arrived with all sorts of problems (now headed back for a refund). Was debating on waiting to see if the 2013 RB14 would get even cheaper, but decided to just grab it while it was there.

Wonder what will happen to this model? Out of production? Come back again, even cheaper?

EDIT: Back in stock May 29 at $1499. Guess they still produce them.
    EDIT2: Scratch that, they're gone.
    EDIT3: They now have the 512GB for $1699, interesting.

7. Dinamis

Dinamis Newbie

Reputations:
  8. zonjax

zonjax Newbie

Reputations:
    Well the key thing is the warranty. If you buy it new, you get Razer's limited 1-year warranty, but that probably doesn't apply if it's used. You should check the fine print on what happens to a laptop through Amazon's warehouse deals. You might only have 30 days to return it. You might be lucky and get one with no problems, but if something goes wrong with it after a few months, what is covered? This is important to consider when spending this much on a computer, especially if it's used...

I saw the cheaper used ones but bought it new, because if I decide to keep it more than 30 days, I want to be covered if something happens. Also, I don't like how vague and anonymous their used listings are. You can't see pictures of what you're getting. The accessories are undamaged - does that mean there is minor damage on the chassis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.