So I just won a CF-M34 Mk7 on eBay..

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by User32, Dec 9, 2018.

1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I should have but I am away for the holidays .

2. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    I never put the guide here but it is up on TBT. Should be a picture up of the original GPS up as well. I still have a CF-17 and several CF-M34 units. Three Mk7 one Mk3 and one or two more. One is a nice original, didn't have a scratch on it and booted up to a windows 2000 that wasn't never signed into once. Must of been a back up on a shelf for a long time. I upgraded it to windows 2000 sp4 unofficial or sp5 unofficial. I got One Mk7 and my CF-29 Mk3 doing car computer programing duties with the older holley software on a commander 950 and pro-jection mpi system.

On booting sometimes you have to pull the hard drive and boot once or twice with out it plugged in. Then plug up your hard drive. Next boot it will still boot from the floppy or CD/DVD drive.

3. User32

User32 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Haha no effin way, I managed to overclock the display on this thing to 120 Hz.

Not that it makes any tangible difference, because the Extreme Graphics 2 GPU was already outdated back in 2003.

@toughasnails you back from holiday yet?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. User32

User32 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Am having a very weird issue with this thing: parasitic battery drain. If I fully charge it, unplug it and let it stay off for, let's say a day, the battery gets discharged to around 50%.

And I want to lubricate the hinges because they feel stiff. What lube should I use?

5. kode-niner

kode-niner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had that on my CF-30. I think I disabled the GPS and maybe some other stuff in BIOS for it to stop discharging.

Shawn likes this.