Smaller power adapters?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by StrangeINTP, Dec 24, 2019.

1. StrangeINTP

StrangeINTP Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an NP8454. The power adapter is ... well, a brick. It's quite large, and somewhat limits portability, for taking it on travel and such.

Are there smaller power adapters compatible with it? I don't mind sacrificing a bit of wattage even to the extent of slowly discharging the battery, as my sessions when I take it on travel are not really that lengthy or power-hungry, and I'd rather shed the weight/bulk. (Sager website identifies the 8454's power adapter as 230 W.) I suppose the main thing is to have a compatible charging connector, but I don't know how to check that short of buying another adapter and physically trying it.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    All the 230w bricks are a certain size, it's dangerous to use a lower rated brick with the device.

3. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    My N970TF actually came with a slightly smaller and lighter Chicony 230W brick than my friends Powerspec 1720 (PB70EF-G). The part number is A17-230P1A. Both bricks worked fine with either laptop.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, so long as its rated for the output that's ok but the differences are going to be small.