Smaller, lighter + light gaming

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by moon angel, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I am a bit out of the loop but I was wondering about some stuff. My dv6 is proving a tad heavy and a tad hot to have on my lap, I was wondering about a replacement:

General Questions

1) What is your budget?

About £600. I'd probably sell both HPs and would hope to get £600-700 for them.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.

UK

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: HP, Toshiba
    b. Dislike: None, really

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?

Yes

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Largely 2 tasks, sitting at my desk gaming and sitting on my lap doing msn/browsing while I watch TV/xbox etc.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

I do take it out places sometimes but generally in the car.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

Nothing too strenuous, I do have an xbox for most titles but I wouldn't want to go less than a HD3200, preferably something more powerful.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?

3 would be nice, 2 minimum

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

Online without seeing is fine.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Windows 7 if poss, ok with Vista

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. If you are unsure of what to purchase, we would highly recommend you check some notebook screens before you buy to see what you like. You may also wish to take a look at the notebook screen guide for more information.

•Standard Resolutions: WXGA, HD, 720p
    •Actual resolutions: 1280x800 and 1366x768
    13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?

As long as it's not hideous, not really

15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?

Within a month or two and for about 2-3 years

Notebook Components

16) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?

Not all that much, 120GB would be ok

17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?

Yes, DVD-RW please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.