1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

sm bus controler driver needed

Discussion in 'Sony' started by pgkool, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgkool

pgkool Notebook Enthusiast

hey i recently reformated my whole s170 80 gig hd. I reloded with a clean copy of retail win xp pro and then downloaded all the drivers from sony site. Works fine, no need for recovery disks. But there were a few nice progams on the recovery disk like the power management and stuff so i installed thoes. Now i have one problem, in my device manager i see a exclamation next to SM Bus Controller. What is this and where can i get the driver for it? I have the recovery cds but i deleted the "hidden" sony partition.

2. ngvuanh

ngvuanh Notebook Deity

Did you try install intel chipset with newest version.

Anh Nguyen.

Notebook: Sony PCG-X505P, 1394 DVD-RW (PCGA-DVRW1).
    Desktop: D865GBF, 2.6G-HT, 2x256M, 2x73.4G Raid 0, 18.1" Sony S81R/B LCD, A2ZS Pro, DVD-ROM.

3. pgkool

pgkool Notebook Enthusiast

Ok nevermind that, i found it on intels site, thx alot. O and do you know why this driver wasnt on the recovery cds?

4. ngvuanh

ngvuanh Notebook Deity

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by pgkool
    [br]Ok nevermind that, i found it on intels site, thx alot. O and do you know why this driver wasnt on the recovery cds?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I dont know why but I think this driver is on system recovery cds.

Anh Nguyen.

Notebook: Sony PCG-X505P, 1394 DVD-RW (PCGA-DVRW1).
    Desktop: D865GBF, 2.6G-HT, 2x256M, 2x73.4G Raid 0, 18.1" Sony S81R/B LCD, A2ZS Pro, DVD-ROM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.