[Slightly off topic] IMPORT TAXES!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by WittgensteinSergeant, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WittgensteinSergeant

WittgensteinSergeant Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Man, f*** the Dutch Govt, 68$ import tax for a CF-19?! This isn't funny anymore!

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    And I thought $13.00 (13%) on every $100.00 was high.

BTW .
    I was told once by a "Person of faith" that when he reads stuff that has the F-word he never looks at it as a swear word because when he reads it he see's the word "Frig" Frig.....Which is a version of f***- without having to swear
    so that said...are you a person of faith, then you should read it as in the above Quote or like most of us read it as ..............

3. Alecgold

Alecgold Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Usually there is no tax on imports with a value under 150 orso. But there are exceptions. Electronics and that kind of stuff. But it's not just import taxes, it's also VAT (btw). If it would have been described as broken/salvage it might have been at least 21% less. But our customs and treasury works in mysterious ways, so nothing is for sure except that you have to pay!!!

4. orange_george

orange_george Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmmm....the juvenile who likes to repair washing machines is back :hi2: and so is the foul language :eek:

When you reach voting age, vote for a government who change the tax laws, in the meantime, spare a thought for how disappointed your parents will be if they read some of things you have posted on a forum.

5. WittgensteinSergeant

Reputations:
    I quitted a long time ago, Also, side note: Not going to on this further, have a nice day.

6. Alecgold

Alecgold Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Funny thing about the 4 letter words in Dutch is that a lot of them are 3 letter words and often not taken to be as offensive as in the States. Even tough they are often more rude. I often say Fuchsia to not learn my son to swear :D But come to think of it, Dutch is a pretty good language to swear. Best one I heard was an older welder who could swear for minutes and without (much) repeating. Best he did was when a welded eye for a hoist gave way and a rudder (a bit bigger rudder, think 20.000kg orso) crashed down. Thought he never would stop. Must say I'm often a bit annoyed when somebody swears so excessive.

@OG, taxes are really bad over here, one of the highest in the world: up to 68% personal taxes, 21% VAT, 25/20% corporate tax. It has never been a big election issue, so voting different isn't going to change much.

7. orange_george

orange_george Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Your corporation tax is no higher than Germany, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland or Spain. :p

VAT in most countries is around the 20-23% level, so hardly excessive at 21%. :)

Income Tax rates sound high....I'll guess you have said 'up to 68%' because there are several tax bands relative to your income??

Depending on the 'average' Dutch prices for notebooks, it could still be cheaper to purchase goods in North America & pay the shipping & import duties...easy enough to do the math. :)

A 'fine' is a government tax for doing something wrong....government tax is a 'fine' for doing something right....either way....YOU PAY.

Easy enough to say the above without using the F-word. :p

8. WittgensteinSergeant

Reputations:
    Easily offended eh? You need to get perm banned of the internet, You're the most annoying user on the TB forum, and many other users here agree with me..
    [Had to get this out because above]

9. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Thread is closed, thank you all for the posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.