Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcan78

vulcan78 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes the design is different, and Orion may have responded to some of the negative criticism of the earlier design with the M18x Orion backpack.

Again, to be fair I have to add that the tearing of the stitching on the straps didn't really begin go show until after I loaded it with the M18x and PSU, with the only real weight increase coming from the larger PSU. That and I usually have it packed to the gills with water, a book, a sandwich etc, the total carry out weight feels ~25 lbs, unconfirmed with a scale.

With that said, there are already a few negative comments on amazon.com in regard to the Orion M18 Backpack's zipper and stitching, so it may only be a matter of time.

To keep in mind, everything succumbs to wear and tear, and even extremely well made bags fall apart with daily use, especially if overloaded beyond their intended carrying capacity.

I wish the Everki Beacon fit the M18x, as the aesthetics of the Titan just didn't do it for me, that and the $180 price tag.

Oh and to update my earlier post, one of the features of the Everki bags that I truly liked, the supplied weather cover, is available for most any backpack, I am going down to a local REI and test fitting one of these when I get my Outdoor Products Power Pack Daypack in later this week.

I HAVE been caught in the rain, a good 3 minutes away from my car, a few times with my old Orion bag, and I used my fabric coat as an improvised rain cover.

I just posted my choice yesterday, also see comment above, will provide a full review as to how the M18x fits in it later this week as no-one has yet done so.

I settled on the Outdoor Products Power Pack Daypack

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S2EKXW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

2. sublimee

sublimee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    just wanted a quick update if Everki Beacon users, the bag "wears in" with time and fits the M18x better?

I love the design of the Beacon, but am not sold on the Titan. Thanks!

3. joecait

joecait Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks. Please share how it goes with the Power Pack Daypack...
    It would be nice to have a slim backpack choice for those days where you aren't going on an overnight trip and all you needed was your laptop and that's it.

4. vulcan78

vulcan78 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ALERT: The outdoor Gear Power Pack Day Pack DOES NOT FIT THE M18X R2, Mr. Fox if you get this please update the list.

Will probably get the Everki "Ninja Turtle" Titan, as I will not get another Orion backpack.

5. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks for the confirmation, vulcan.

I removed it from the list in OP.

6. Chinexican

Chinexican Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Damn, I was hoping this backpack would be able to fit it. It's one of the cheaper ones

7. Identitycrisis

Identitycrisis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Figured I would chime in here. I was issued a CODI 9030 wheeled laptop bag along with a Dell precision M6600 for a job I am contracted on. I had been using this wheeled bag to travel with the M6600, which is a 17". This morning when I was packing for my flight, I decided to try to put my m18x in it, and to my surprise it fit with plenty of room. It will not slide into the removable sleeve provided with the bag, but it will fit inside the bag, and could have some sort of sleeve on it, and would still fit.

As for the bag, I looked it up, and its pretty expensive, but has a lifetime warranty on it. It has held up through 5 or so trips through, carrying my Sager, the dell, the 2 power bricks, 2 mice, a headset, a book, some other misc stuff for work, etc... It's not the most efficient on space as it doesn't expand much. But it seems to be holding up well. The telescoping handle seems to hold up well. its a little looser now than it was when I was issued it, but overall it is a pretty nice bag.

I do have to say though, I am not sure the part number I listed is correct, my bag does not have the mesh pocket of the side. So definitely check the dimensions, I can't find a model number on mine though, and I no longer have the tag.

Here is a link to the MFG. Website

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. vulcan78

vulcan78 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just got my Everki Titan......THIS BAG IS AMAZING. The videos and bag models do not do this bag any justice, it is a fabulous looking bag and does not make me look like a Ninja Turtle! (5' 10"). 9 out of 10. Cannot give a 10 out of 10 as I am unsure as to the durability, but life time guarantee! LOVE IT. I wish I got this bag about 5 months ago when I first picked up an M18x R1, I was too cheap and it fit in the Orion M17x bag but I usually ended up having to carry my lunch and a book separately, and then the zippers busted as I was trying to overload it often.

9. kiel

kiel Newbie

Reputations:
    I can confirm that:

*) http://www.portdesigns.com/index.php...art&Itemid=169
    ASPEN 18.4" (17"/18.4'")
    Inside dimension: 490 x 350 x 150 mm
    Outside dimensions: 520 x 410 x 200 mm
    Weight: 1.2kg

Fits the M18x with plenty of extra space for the brick, my nostromo and a couple of external HDD's
    527057_10150958588742493_1042467612_n.jpg

10. rockysiccion

rockysiccion Newbie

Reputations:
    Sir i kow this is so late buti will receive my m18x. Can you please do review of the slappa hardbody pro with m18x. If you can do a video it will be much better. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.