Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invectus

Invectus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I just purchased Everki Commute 18.4". To those who want a sleek sleeve (just nice to fit a laptop), I highly recommend this one to you guys. From the photos, you can see that there's still some space left for the laptop, its not that super-tight as compared to if you try to fit m18x into 17" orion backpack. And the interior is made of quality foam. 4.5/5 star for this sleeve. Hope this help. Cheers!

2. prank1

prank1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My Everki Advance Laptop bag just arrived.

The bag is deceptively small, in fact much smaller than my M17xR3 era-Orion messenger bag (in which my M18xR1 couldn't fit at all).

The M18xR1 fits in perfectly, not too tight but at the same time still secure.
    The power brick + AC cord fit in the bag too and doesn't add a giant bump, everything still looks sleek.

I had a bit of a walk around with it, it seems secure and comfortable, but I haven't really used it properly yet.

So far my initial impressions have been very good, and for the price I paid (£44 GBP = $71 USD) it definitely seems worth the price, especially for the high quality.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Invectus - thanks for the photos of the Everki Commute. Nice sleeve, man.

prank1 - glad to hear the Everki Advance fits the bill for you. Please post some photos for those that are interested in knowing more about the Advance.

4. Zeju

Zeju Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there

I'm putting together a quote for myself for my gaming rig, so far I have the U3, Mamba & TactX Keyboard for simple stuff, but for something I really dont know much about I have to ask the forums.

I'm going to need a bag for the laptop obviously when I go away on trips, and something occured to me that I dont particularly want the Alienware bag because of A: I saw a review which showed the bag as being only single stitched and unable to hold much weight, which is bad for me cause I'll likely use the bag for college too), so, I kept looking.

And B, and probably the most crucial one, I dont actually want everyone to know I have an Alienware, and Dell cant resist slapping their logo on everything, and if I brought attention to myself with an Alienware bag, people would obviously come to the conclusion there is an Alienware in the bag and it would likely be stolen, atleast thats what I'm concerned about where I live.

So I've been trying to find a replacement and I think I may have, I came accross this bag,

http://www.samsonite.co.uk/monaco-ict-laptop-briefcase-46-8cm-18-4inch-black/product-en.htm?or=5344173400&shs={a05bcc39-612f-48e6-9e78-6b15d590ab89}

The bag itself looks pretty safe, roomy, enough that I can put pens and books in the front for College and it's pretty much unmarked so only my friends will ever know whats in it. And the big plus for me is it's briefcase/messenger styled, so I can just use the shoulder strap which I find more comfortable after using a 1-strap bag for a while now.

Does anyone have this bag, or any suggestions/reccomendations/help they can offer?

I'm also looking at this to go with whatever bag I buy, mostly because I dont want the U3 marking my M18x, but since the M18x already comes with quite a nice material covering i'm not sure it's necessary. especially for 50 pounds.

http://www.samsonite.co.uk/aramon2-laptop-sleeve-46-8cm-18-4inch-black/product-en.htm?or=5344173400&shs={a05bcc39-612f-48e6-9e78-6b15d590ab89}#

I'd appreaciate any thoughts you guys have, I just want you to keep in mind for any suggestions that I'd really prefer a messenger bag, and it has to be able to fit 2 exercise books in it at any given time. they're my only requirments.

Thanks so much.

P.S. Apologies for originally posting this in the wrong place; I did try to search using the search function, but nothing under M18x bags or any similar search functions came up.

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No apology needed, bro. The forum search function never works well, but Google does.

6. Zeju

Zeju Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sweet, good to know. :)

To be fair, I tried to PM you to avoid the cluster of having to post but I couldnt find any such feature, hehe, still getting used to the forums I guess! :p

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Click the link in my signature on the left side. At the bottom of the index are links for new members, and one of them explains the PM system. You'll most likely have access to that feature in 24 hours or less, depending on when your post count hit five.

8. DaveP3@

DaveP3@ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi,

I think we may have read the same review :)

I opted for the Everki Titan for my m18x and picked up a 'Dura Gadget' sleeve for it off ebay (sub £10) and it does the job brilliantly.

Would not hesrecommendingending both items, the Everki is a little pricey but considering the initial cost of the m18x.......

Regards,

Dave.

9. Zeju

Zeju Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes I see now, at the time I didn't have access, I guess that measure is there for good reason, no one wants to be bothered by E-mail alerts saying someone has PM'd them only to find out it's a stupid robot. I've had a few of those in my time.

Anyway I'm getting off topic, so I'll just wait and hope someone has information about my question :).

Thanks for your reply :)

Yeah I looked at the Everki brand too, they seem quite solid, how's the room in the bag with the charger @ M18x in there, enough for a couple of exercise books?

Also, does it have a shoulder strap? If so; how does it feel?

10. Red Line

Red Line Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey fellas, how reliable is M18x Orion Messenger? Came across Amazon reviews and was shocked. It's not like the bag is cheap to have such quality... Are there same problems with straps in real life? 1-3 months of use...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.