Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The biggest rolling computer bag I have found will not even hold my M17x R2. I'd like to have one that I can put my work laptop (T420 - what a joke) and M18x into together and use the backpack for all of the other electronic gadgetry.

2. TheMatrixHacker

TheMatrixHacker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I work in IT and do mostly onsite work. I looked for seveal months, and even had stores search online inventories and couldn't find anything. Then one day at Discount Electronics I came across this ROLLER BAG And it fit my M18x very comfortably with several inches of space all around. Also has many other compartments for other gadgets, cords and smaller devices. Id like to point out it has TWO carry spaces with zippers so you can fit almost anything in it. However with the price tag, I wished I would have bought the ORION.

Don't let the Title of the bag full you. Ill post pictures if you like.

3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Wow, Brother Matrix. That looks pretty decent. I'm working in Houston for a few days this week. Do you know if they have a Discount Electronics over there? I'll check it out. My Samsonite roller that I use for work is about worn out and it would be great to have a bag that both computers would fit into. That looks very similar to my Samsonite, but it must be a little bigger. The Samsonite is about an inch or so too small too small from top-to-bottom for the M18x.

Edit: Fry's has it for $69.99 - will have to go look at it after dinner. http://www.frys.com/product/3893527

4. TheMatrixHacker

Reputations:
    Yes, there are locations in Houston, however I bought it in Austin TX. You might want to contact the particular store in your intended area. Or order it online. And yes it must be bigger because there is plenty of room. And it was the ONLY one that I could find so I bought it. It has held up as well, being that I have two chewing puppies and have carried it day in day out since the purchase.

EDIT: And yes it will fit two laptops. M18x included.

5. TheBluePill

TheBluePill Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Belive it or not, i have been using a freeking Carry On Suitcase for mine. :) I wrap it in a blanket and it fits just about right in a standard carry on.

One day i took my machine to work and came rolling in.. Everyone kept asking me when my flight was. :)

6. TheMatrixHacker

Reputations:
    +rep for the Humor. I can only imagine. I remember when I first broke this beast out in front of my clients.. Great Ice breaker. Or the others who look at it and pointedly don't say anything. :) Love my fellow geeks.

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I went by Fry's and looked at it, but decided against purchase it. I'm looking for something with a little more storage space. I am pretty sure I would not be able to pack everything that I currently have in my Orion backpack into it. Although, it is a nice roller bag and the $69.95 price is reasonable enough. This would be a good option for anyone looking for a roller bag that is not packing as much stuff as I am.

The Orion backpack offers more protection as far as padding, although a roller bag is less likely to be dropped by accident like a backpack might.

8. TheMatrixHacker

Reputations:
    Okay! I want a list of what your pack ratin' around! lol. If I could have bought the ORION I would have, but I had already went $300 over my dell credit card lol. You sure you looked at the right one ? I have lots of space. I fit all my tech tools, power cords, eternal hard drives, cd drives, books and all the small stuff. And I think I payed $109.00, If its down to $65! great deal.

9. minnus

minnus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I own both bags. The messenger bag fell apart by the strap ~ and even then, it wasn't very comfortable after an extended period of travel.

I have gotten rid of my M18x unfortunately, since it was simply too heavy to lug around domestically and internationally.

I use a Macbook Air now, and am waiting for eGPU docks to essentially have a super gaming computer without the super weight.

10. joecait

joecait Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    With the interest, I'll keep track of rolling bags as well on the 1st page of this thread for the M18x.

Keep posting if you see more which will fit. I'll add the one TheMatrixHacker posted to the first page for those looking for a roller type bag...Still need to update all the old links since websites have changed it looks like recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.