Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painkilller

Painkilller Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope you guys are right about the TSA compliant bag, thing. That would REALLY be good!!! I hate taking the m17x outta my bag. Fits tight to begin with.

Batboy: thank you!!!! My very first rep point. Just got my cherry popped. ;)

2. Oldfoggie

Oldfoggie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I ordered the M18x yesterday just after my original post asking about a coupon. But before ordering it, I took advantage of the "buy a Dell eGift card for $300 - $500 and get a FREE $50 Promo eGift card". So after buying the laptop and using the $300 dollar card as part of that purchase, I applied the free $50 promo card to the 18" bag.

After agreeing on the laptop price, he did give me a $20 discount on the bag, but at check out he actually applied it to the purchase of the laptop.

Overall, I am very happy with $20 discount and $50 free promo card applied to the $119.99 bag for the final cost of $49.99, plus taxes with free shipping.

3. joecait

joecait Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone got the Alienware M18x bag yet and could tell me the size of the pocket in front on the laptop compartment? I was hoping it'd be pretty wide to stick another bag in that pocket.

4. Sgt.

Sgt. Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before guys. I've a Orion Bagpack for 17" Alienware and I was wondering whether it'll fit the M18x or not. Orion has three compartment in it and one has a scan-fast feature compartment. I was told it could fit 2 17" laptop but can it fit 1 M18x?
    Thanks guys.

5. JimmyC

JimmyC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm awaiting your 'thought' ;)

Seriously tho, anyone received either the Orion backpack or messenger bag could post a small review, maybe some pictures?

6. ronkuba

ronkuba Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here's my thought it's nice! LOL

I will post some pictures later when I get some time. It should work just fine just not sure it's worth $100. It opens up flat and is smaller than I thought it would be(good thing) and has a lot of compartments. Has the alienhead on the front. The front of the case is protected with hard plastic. The protection should be good.

7. JimmyC

JimmyC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Excellent thanks. I just can't decide between the messenger bag and the backpack. I'm ordering my M18X tonite so wanting to get either one at the same time.

I have a Targus messenger style bag for my M1730 and fully loaded from the car to the office (a 7 minute walk) it's pretty heavy. I don't mind that at all for the portable gaming it gives me, but I'm thinking with an even heavier laptop the backpack might be the way to go... OTOH, some have indicated the backpack looks enormous and I don't want to look like some crossover tramping gamer lol...

8. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    The backpack will make you look like a college kid but it will also be much more comfortable.....I am an engineer, I work with other engineers, we are all nerds....I will go the backpack route haha

9. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    LOL - I just had a thought... wouldn't it be cheesy if the Orion Messenger and Backpack were not re-designed for the 18x and Dell was just selling the original version? ;)

I have the M17x version of the Orion Messenger bag. Will be interesting to see if it comes close to fitting. Doubtful of course.

When I think 'backpack for the M18x', this old review pic comes to mind and no, thats not me - grabbed it off of Google. See attached.

Attached Files:

10. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    There were 2 versions of the Orion pre M18x version, the TSA and non TSA ones. I have the original (and smaller) non TSA one and the M18x should fit in it very snugly. The TSA version does look larger and I strongly suspect it will be the same as the M17x version (M18x and M17x TSA versions the same that is)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.