Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPhantomhives

iPhantomhives Click the image to change your avatar.

Reputations:
    Rain proof would be fine , just worry about winter. You know those snow.

2. Red_Eye_Express

Red_Eye_Express Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As promised, here is the SFBags 36-25:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is my 5+ year old Spire Bags (still in perfect shape honestly). Dealing with the SFbags website wasnt good. Their custom fit charts simply have no information. I went directly to customer service to ask about 36-25 being the right fit. Then after ordering, they said they'd not have it for another week! I drew the line, if they dont state that on the website, it's their problem and they needed to adjust shipping on their side (as they had already billed me). They moved it up to Fedex home delivery and got it to me at 730a the day I demanded it be there, well done.

I carry the 18x and a Dell d630 plus a spectrophotometer as well as the case for the Altec Noise Cancellng Headphones. Its not for the faint of heart. I cannot recommend enough the as well as the 36-25.

If you're happy with my review, please give me some good feedback :)

3. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which model number is your spire bag?
    I may look into getting one of those if all else fails

D.

4. Red_Eye_Express

Red_Eye_Express Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    http://www.spireusa.com
    Wont let me directly link to the , but you'll find it.

$249 but will last you for ten years and their warranty is bulletproof. It comes with a "Boot" but I can tell you the 18x isnt going to fit.

5. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for that.

I am actually in contact with them now (their headquarters are literally 5min from me).
    They mentioned they may have a new boot soon that "may" fit the m18x.. my contact is checking with the owner now for details.

May be a week until I hear back.. but once I do I will update everyone else.

D.

6. ivander_atmojo

ivander_atmojo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all, I have been using the Lunar for couple of months now, extremely great, extremely spacious, and when its full it doesnt look full :D

Lunar Laptop Bag - Briefcase, fits up to 18.4" | 18.4" Laptop Bags | Everki

They have extremely great customer service which one of the handle (not the shoulder strap) ripped and i got a new one in 1 week after i contact their customer service.. :)

anyway, I'm thinking to get a rolling laptop case since with the m18x plus the powerbrick, phone, wallet, mouse and some USB cable it weighs 9Kg. I can carry it for 2 hours straight but then I'm exhausted -_____-

Sadly, i have been searching for days and also reading this thread but i can't seem to find a rolling laptop bag that would fit m18x.. btw the Tumi just too expensive..

7. AirJordan

AirJordan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So is your backpack just and old version of the M.eta (why can't I say this normally?)? It looks pretty nice, even though expensive, I'm thinking about ordering one. Just want to make sure that it is the M.eta that will fit the M18x though.

8. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hold off just a bit.
    I am in contact with their local rep and she said that she will get back to me in a week (probably the end of this week) with exact dimensions etc..

She did say the backpack itself will definitely hold the m18x but that they may have a new "boot" (type of sleeve) which will hold the m18x soon.

She is checking with the owner as soon as he gets back into town about this

I will update everyone once she gets back in touch with me.

D.

9. AirJordan

AirJordan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looking forward to an update. :D I think this backpack is perfect from what I can see on their site, it has a ton of features and plenty of room.

10. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Agreed..... and they seem to last a long time as well so worth the investment.

Plus, if they do have a new "boot" which will hold the m18x even better as the boot comes free with the pack.

D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.