Sleeves, Backpacks and Cases that would fit the Alienware M18xR1/R2/18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by joecait, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prismatik

prismatik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting the pics. It's too bad the m18x is such a tight fit in the Everki Beacon. I really liked that bag and was planning on getting one too. But it looks like jamming an m18x in there is gonna abuse the heck out of it.

2. AirJordan

AirJordan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Something that I really liked about the Everki Beacon was the furry covering in the laptop storage area. That would completely eliminate the possibility of getting scratches while having the laptop inside the backpack. The Orion's material looks like it may create scratches on the shiny plastic covering the front of the M18x and maybe even other areas of it. Does anyone have any insight on how safe the Orion bag's material is when transporting the M18x in it?

3. phobic

phobic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I'd be taking this thing in and out of the bag all the time so the tight fit wasn't ideal for my needs. The bag has some very nice features including the felt lining that AirJordan mentioned as well as the rain cover stored in the bottom compartment.

I might just end up getting an Orion bag which I'm not too thrilled about but at least it's semi-professional looking (minus the Alienware logo).

4. MartinReyes

MartinReyes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You could try painting the alien head logo black if it's a concern. It wouldn't stand out against the rest of the bag that way. Most people probably wouldn't notice it.

5. issey

issey Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ive had the everki beacon since i bought my r2 and after two years of use it fits the m18x when i got it last month. its still i tight fit but theres no rubbing from the zippers at all.

i wont be back home for another 2 weeks so i cant take pictures of it.

6. Kamzan

Kamzan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any idea if the orion m18x is water/rain proof ?
    Backpack that is ?

7. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    it will be resistant since it is a very tough material but I would not risk saying it is waterproof....

8. Scrawl

Scrawl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Received my M18x today and wanted to share some photos of it inside the Dell M17 backpack.

Overall, it fits rather well. The only real area of concern is the bottom edges of the front air intakes. It pushes against the side of the bag slightly but by no means a tight fit. The bag zips up comfortably around the laptop and there is no contact with the zipper.

Comfortable amount of space on the top and bottom too should you want to add some extra padding.

With the M18x inside, there is still room in the front section for the power supply. I personally find it too much weight for my back (I'm a slight build) - a waist strap would do wonders if you needed to carry this for any distance.

Attached Files:

9. iPhantomhives

iPhantomhives Click the image to change your avatar.

Reputations:
    Do anyone own an alienware m18x Messenger Bag? Mind sharing some picture , I'm planning to get one.

Or any stylish 18" bags which fit m18x.

10. JimmyC

JimmyC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a Targus Messgenger bag I bought for my M1730 but I'm using it now with the M18X since the 18" Orions are not available in NZ. The fit is snug in the laptop compartment (which is actually really good) and still plenty of space from the top of the bag so away from the zips. Also plenty of room in the front compartment for psu, mouse, cables etc etc. Fwiw, I think it's pretty styley ;-)

I can't seem to find my model online but I'll find out the name of it when I get home from work tonite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.