SLAYX vs SLAQH

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by akcadman, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akcadman

akcadman Newbie

Reputations:
    OK all,
    so here I am again, seeking your wisdom.
    I erroneously purchased a T9550 instead of a T9500. Now, I have to select either the SLAYX or the SLAQH. The only difference I can see between the two is the VID voltage range.
    The SLAYX has a range of 1.050V-1.137V
    The SLAQH has a range of 1.062V-1.150V

My current T8100 (SLAP9) has a range of 1.00V-1.250V

So what is the correct selection?

Here is my CPUZ data
    CPU-Z Validator 3.1

2. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    get the SLAYX ... it has lower VID range so u can undervolt more likely...anyways , it should use less power due to lower voltage range but SLAYX is the way.... but really both won't make a difference...

3. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Get the one with lower voltages, though you should stick with the T9550 if you can. It is a better processor. The two T9500's you are looking at are older stepping (C0) penryns which run hotter and require higher voltages than current stepping (E0) penryns. The T9550 is a little faster and is a current stepping penryn.

4. akcadman

akcadman Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey thanks for the input. FYI, the T9550 has FSB of 1066mhz and the T8100/T9500 has FSB of 800mhz. My mainboard only supports the 800 mhz, thus the change.
    Thanks again.

Hey, thanks for the input. Not sure why there is a $100 difference in price if they are basically the same. So, the SLAYX it is....
    Much thanks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.