Skyrim Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Aug 19, 2021.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I think Oblivion and Fallout 3 were the buggiest (and New Vegas, but it was done by Obsidian). Maybe it was a particular version of engine, IDK.
    Skyrim did tune down on the... ehem... "features", but still had plenty of them.
    Did you ran an unnoficial patch during your recent playtroughs?

2. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its been so long since I played I don't remember problems. Maybe an arrow to the knee.

[​IMG]

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Or arrow to the head :D

I had plenty of instances of shooting enemy NPCs in the head and them not dying. Sometimes I couldn't one hit kill with a headshot an NPC while being a low level archer. So I shoot at NPC, it somehow survives, goes immediately into agro mode and starts looking for perpetrator, all this with an arrow in the head. While NPC looks for me I hide. After some time agroed NPC gives up looking for a person who shot it in the head and goes "must have been a wind."
    Excuse me, WHAT?!? "Must have been a wind"?!? YOU HAVE A FREAKIN' ARROW STICKING FROM YOUR HEAD. HOW THE HELL DID WIND DO THAT?!?
    Although to be fair the NPCs in the game weren't too bright from the start, I do suppose an arrow to the head didn't do any good as well...

krabman and Atma like this.
  4. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I own Special Edition so Anniversary Edition will upgrade my Special Edition .. is that correct? So I should go ahead and install SE?

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm banking on it being a completely separate install from SE just a discount if you own SE. It's not in the Steam store yet, impossible to confirm.

I think I might have used the "Unofficial" patch that was available in the creation club/mods. Can't recall but probably did. I tend not to use very many mods, just visual upgrades that don't break the vanilla concept. I guess with AE we're getting a new bar for "vanilla".

killkenny1 and Atma like this.
  6. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It sounds like it can be an update for SE instead of separate. "Players who already own Skyrim Special Edition may choose to purchase just the Anniversary Upgrade, which includes all the Creation Club creation content mentioned above in one convenient, high-value bundle." https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/5esC91g2ABY1jQ97uq39zW/skyrim-anniversary-edition-faq

7. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    New Anniversary Edition trailer. I'm installing Special Edition now. Hopefully it will just be an upgrade. Although SE is just 12.7 GB. Seems very tiny these days. :D

hfm likes this.
  9. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm installing as well as it seems by all indication it's just an in place upgrade... only 12G I guess no harm if I just have to uninstall.

Atma likes this.
  10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    LOL.. after saying I didn't recall any bugs, Bojack Horseman's ancestral uncle checked me in at the headman's block.

[​IMG]

Atma and killkenny1 like this.