Site redirection issue

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by pathfindercod, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I used to get the "Amazon Wheel of Fortune" ad after about 2 minutes of being logged in. :D

hmscott likes this.
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Congratulations! You WIN!

t456, Papusan, hmscott and 1 other person like this.
  3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks for the feedback.

Doing what I can to find a solution ...

Did you read the fine print at the bottom of that thing? You should have. 10 percent of your winnings go to me.

Charles

Dannemand, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Right now we believe the redirection issue is isolated to Chrome users on Android devices. I was told it's not an issue with the ads, but malware hiding in installed apps. We're still looking for a solution.

Charles

5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    God d*** it! I was having a wonderful mobile experience on this site for the last while and first thing this morning I get a fresh redirect I have not seen before.

Also based on your last post, I actually installed ESET NOD's Android antivirus/security app and did an entire deep phone scan and my phone came up squeaky clean. I am so sad right now. :'(

This one seemed a bit more aggressive too. I pressed back once or twice and it loaded like 3 other different sites in place of this. I lost the tab as usual. Ughhh..... This sucks.

The most annoying part is the fact that a robotic woman blurts out "Congratulations Samsung user!" or something like that and nearly wakes up my sleeping toddler.

Screenshot_20180504-083015.png

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  6. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It's starting to autoplay videos on Android Chrome. 2 videos that are the same at the same time. I basically have to close the tab.

I understand running ads to pay the bills but it's odd that it's specific to Android Chrome.

hmscott, Vasudev and Maleko48 like this.
  7. Maleko48

Reputations:
    Dag gon it!

Caught another one:

FULL URL:

http://7e5vqzralm.pw/12.13_P/an/j93fxd.php?model=Galaxy Note 5&brand=Samsung&ip=174.215.6.36#

LOOKS LIKE:

Screenshot_20180505-214809.png Screenshot_20180505-214815.png

P.S.)

Does anyone else notice their Android keyboard's typing and suggestions selection bar not working correctly on this site? I mean, mine has gotten better since the last nasty round of BS ads we were seeing, but the issue is still present and only on this site. It seems to somewhat coincide with the fact that my browser gets incredibly sluggish and slow sometimes when browsing this site without VPN/ AdGuard filtering for the ads and stuff. But again, even that sluggishness issue has been somewhat relieved as of late.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. Maleko48

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.