Simple and very effective cooling "mod" for p775dm2/p775dm3

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by tanzmeister, Apr 13, 2017.

1. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i will try this mod tomorrow and let you know my findings. P775TM1 with 1080 LM on it

2. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It worked on my P775TM1 G with my 1080 lowered my temps by 14C! after an overclock and undervolt and this simple mod.

FTW_260 likes this.
  3. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I tried on P750DM-G results was not magnificent but I tried LM on GPU and for delid I did not get -20 C like everyone got but now GPU cooler like 5 C and it is enough for me because my GPU was hitting 75 C, 78 is black screen now its 69~70 C and its lowest I ever got. I could not best pressure with paper clips because my hand works sucks but I could better than last time one year ago. I must try washer too and when I screwing I pressured with my hand it is very important too like sager guy said. Thank you Sager guy and thank you OP for simple awesome mod.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually adding LM and getting higher temps means the contact is not flat and close enough.

5. DM g

DM g Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I removed the back cover too and temperatures now max 70 C with +125/200 12mV GPU and max 83 C CPU. I got the 1mm arctic pad yesterday but I searched it must be at least 1.5 mm for VRAM maybe I try with 4 paper clips mod like on 1070 sli mod with it when it get hot weirdly one day. Kryonaut is good but just for three days. LM is savior.
    [​IMG]
    I used paste on pads and teared when I relocate them and kryonaut dried again.
    [​IMG]
    Is it okay P370S code for p750dm-g? It could not stand alive on 78 C and up since day one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019