Silentmaxx laptops: could they be really less noisy than those from other resellers?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by nesdnuma, Mar 21, 2017.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    i'm talking about this review :)
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-U727-Clevo-P870DM3-G-Notebook-Review.173957.0.html
    [​IMG]

"Speakers
    Barebones manufacturer Clevo uses the chassis volume pretty well to create a decent sound system. While the two speakers are located right and left next to the display hinge, the subwoofer can be found at the bottom of the 17-inch system. We can completely support the assessment of our audio analysis, and the sound is surprisingly good for a notebook with the activated Soundblaster X-Fi MB5 technology. The sound systems of the MSI GT73VR and Asus G752VS are beaten in many scenarios, even though MSI is almost on par.

Great: Up to 87 dB(A) are sufficient even for bigger rooms. Fans of headsets will be happy as well. The D/A converter ESS Sabre HiFi and the amplifier Texas Instruments Burr-Brown should improve the sound quality with attached headphones (support for 600 Ohm, sampling rate up to 24-bit/192 KHz) and therefore impress audio enthusiasts, DJs and producers."

2. Klaus.at

Klaus.at Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!

Did you end up buying a silentmaxx device? I am currently considering them, but being unable to find any user experiences about them, I am hesitating to order.

Didn't really help either, that the sales-representatives in the chat couldn't answer most of my technical questions (e.g. whether Optimus is available, or even if they are based on Clevo barebones). When asked what they do to make the devices more quiet I was merely pointed to their 6-weeks-return policy, which according to the website doesn't even apply outside of Germany (though he stated that they handle notebooks more liberally).

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You are smart to be afraid. I think avoiding them under the circumstances could be wise.

4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Agreed. @Klaus.at

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's all about the balance of cost/performance on that system.

6. sicily428

Reputations:
    you could check that there is a better sound system in asus/msi/acer/dell laptops with the same price

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Every different system is a different balance, you can't focus on a single detail like that.

8. sicily428

Reputations:
    I like n850hk1 but I think clevo made a mistake choosing a really cheap speaker for a multimedia/gaming laptop like this

9. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's a fair point to make. Historically, the speakers (in Clevos) have never been the selling point, but they've gotten better over time; maybe we'll see an appreciable upgrade in the next iteration.

sicily428 likes this.