Signature link rules?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by KhronX, Nov 16, 2017.

1. KhronX

KhronX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've read through the forum rules post several times, but i fail to see what's (still) preventing me from putting a link to my personal blog (i'm not selling anything, just documenting various projects), inside my signature.

Is it the fact that the title is bolded, or i (still) don't have enough posts, or..?

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Most forums will not allow links outside the forum in their sig unless there registered resellers or mod shops etc

Hopefully a mod can clear it up though...

3. KhronX

Reputations:
    Here are some snippets (which apply to my case) from the rules; highlighting is mine:

----------

You are not allowed in posts to link to or advertise in any way (including but not limited to) personal blogs/websites/pages/affiliated websites/affiliated resources in posts, no exceptions. Links of that type are restricted to the signature area only; see below for additional information.

A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate NotebookReview.com community standards. The NotebookReview.com team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or inappropriate material.)

----------

Everything else (commercial stuff forbidden, etc) doesn't apply. Unless Blogspot is somehow frowned upon here? Also, i should add that the link works in the signature preview thing, just not in the forum itself, apparently.

<Later edit>

Hmm... Might this be the issue?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cant-send-private-messages-or-create-signatures.480350/

Although it's odd that i CAN add a signature (as you can well see right below here), just the text-as-hyperlink thing doesn't seem to want to work (yet).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. bennni

bennni Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    "The NotebookReview.com team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards"

As to whether a signature is allowed by the 'rules', the reason would likely fall under this. Meh, with signatures hidden it makes the pages on this site easier to read.

5. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Try a different browser or style and make sure 'rich text' is active:

[​IMG]

Have edited your signature just to make sure it's working, btw. The blogspot link seems to do okay.

The rules are paper rules only; no script will prevent you from transgressing them. Of course, they are moderated upon and infractions can be reported by other users. There's a few anti-spam measures, but at this 'user-stage' they should not be interfering.

Dannemand and KhronX like this.
  6. KhronX

Reputations:
    Thanks a bunch for that, much appreciated. Maybe the formatting of the link i had, was somehow off / not-right (although i find it weird that it DID work in the "preview signature" thing)...