Show your desktop!

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by KLF, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    ssj had a titan X or titan X SLI... He keeps changing GPUs all the time lol..

2. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    No way, I went from a single Titan X to dual 980s. My Titan X couldn't play all my games maxed at 4k even highly overclocked (40ish fps?) now I can get around 60fps with the 980s overclocked.

Single Titan X , and yes I switch GPUs way too much. I can see myself with the 980s for a few months at most then onto the next thing. Maybe even sooner depending on how much the GTX 990 costs.

Actually I only sold my Titan X because someone was looking for a high overclocking one and they paid me a decent price. I was able to get the 980 KINGPINS + the SLI bridge for $100 more than what I sold my Titan X for after shipping/taxes.

3. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Considering the sorry state of SLI, that's a downgrade IMO. I'd rather have 40 FPS smooth single GPU guaranteed performance (esp. if G-Sync is a factor) than 60 FPS microstuttering/visual glitches/flat-out not working (*cough Arkham Knight cough*) AFR. There's many people on this forum who did the opposite of you and upgraded from 780 Ti/970/980 SLI to single 980 Ti.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    SLI was awesome when I had my GTX 480s and even my GTX 690.

Even now it's not bad, at least in my experience. I'd rather have 60fps SLI than a 40fps single setup. Lower than 60fps is horrible on my 4k tv. Feels extremely lagy. It's not G-SYNC either.

I will probably keep these until the Pascal desktop cards come out next year. Thus far they're doing good. 80% of my games support SLI properly anyways and if there's any issues with SLI you can turn it off specifically for a game, at half the performance of two cards of course.

5. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    That 40" monitor you have is actually a tv... How is it input lag wise playing on it? Also where did you get your computer table from?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

6. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    @ssj92
    Wow... I basically did the opposite of what you've done. Did away with 980SLI for a single 980TI. Best decision I've made in a long time. Microstutter on Maxwell is appalling .
    But you're running 4k, whereas I'm doing 1080p 144hz so I'll let you be the judge of your experience.

Shame we couldn't have just traded had the timing been different.

7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    In PC Mode (4K @ 60HZ @ 4:4:4 chroma) the input lag numbers I believe were around 38ms or so.

In Game Mode (4K @ 60Hz @ 4:2:2 chroma) the input lag is not bad, around 18-21ms I believe.

And if you are not using either of those modes it's like 112ms LOL. I usually use PC mode 24/7 for my PC and for my Wii U/Xbox One I use game mode.

The computer desk is very old....like I think 17-21 years old LOL. No idea where it's from at this point.

Did you have two 980 KINGPIN cards? I would have traded you my Titan X lol. I actually was only going for the KINGPIN cards. I wouldn't have bought these if they were reference or the classified models. I plan on playing around with them later. For now I got 1585/8000 on the top card and 1550/8000 on the bottom card. Loving the classified voltage tool. I'm going to try and get the memory to 8.6Ghz later. Sadly maxwell doesn't scale well with voltage unless you're on LN2.

Sadly at 4K I needed extra horsepower. I will sell these when Pascal comes out and get that card. I would have gotten SLI 980TIs but most of my money went into the laptop beast. ;)

TomJGX likes this.
  8. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    I'll keep the thread going.
    New update of my build with the EVGA Hybrid Cooler attached.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cass-Olé, TomJGX and Ramzay like this.
  9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    Logitech G602 FTW :)

TBoneSan likes this.
  10. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    They are awesome, my favorite but plagued with QC issues (planned obsolescence)on the mouse button springs. I'm on my second along with many other people unfortunately.

TomJGX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.