1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Show us your computer room!

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by lupin..the..3rd, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davron

davron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I heard people DIE in Korea playing WOW. Literally DIE - now that's just messed up, play WOW until you DIE

2. htcmda

htcmda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    either you get really fat cuz all you do is play wow, eat and never work out

or

you become a pile of bones because all you do is play wow and never eat

that game ruins peoples lives, i dunno why i haven't read anyone having a lawsuit against the company yet...

i'm sure you've all read the article about the parents in their 20's who are going to jail for not feeding their babies and what not because they were all about playing online games instead.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2007/07/17/1184559767113.html

3. Vaath

Vaath Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lawsuit? A bit harsh, I have played WOW since day one and so do my friends and none of us have had any fluctuation in weight nor loss of a social life because of it.

It's called self control if your an adult, or if your a kid the parents should set limits and boundaries IMO.

To each their own obviously, if it wasn't blizzard making the addictive games someone else would be doing it instead so no real change there.

4. davron

Reputations:
    Anyway - it's funny - don't they feel they are going to die? How can they keep playing to death? shouldn't be funny... but LOL

5. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell? Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My computer room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lupin..the..3rd

lupin..the..3rd Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OMG this is the most sensible thing I've ever read on NBR.

Overweight? Put the ice cream down. In debt? Stop buying **** with your credit card. Most of life's problems are created because people don't have any self control, and don't take any personal responsibility for their actions. They like to blame it on 'the system' and 'society' and other bull**** like that.

There's a lot screwed up kids out there turning into screwed up adults, because their parents let them run amok and do as they please instead of setting (and enforcing) boundaries and limitations.

Ok, I'm done ranting. :p

7. davron

Reputations:
    I guess you both right

8. Johnny T

Johnny T Forum Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Photo of my room with nothing in... i only moved in a few days ago!, will post some more tomorrow!:p

[​IMG]

9. NinjaNoodles

NinjaNoodles Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just happened to read that post, and I would like to tell you how stupid that sounds.

Why the hell should a company be sued for making a good game? Should Panasonic be sued for making good TVs? Should Ford be sued for making good cars (assuming they do)? Seriously, if you have no self-control that's your own damn problem, but it's frivolous lawsuits like this that make the American legal system a joke.

By the way, I don't even play WoW, so don't think I'm defending it because I like it. I'm defending it because I think people should be held accountable for their own damn actions.

Sorry for continuing to lead the thread off track - I just felt I had to make a point.

10. htcmda

htcmda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    companies get sued for things they make ALL the time...
    video games get blamed for peoples actions and some kids deaths..and actions are taken, it's just something that happens and all i said was i'm surprised nobody has done that with this company yet...