1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Show us your computer room!

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by lupin..the..3rd, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lupin..the..3rd

lupin..the..3rd Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    We discuss a lot of laptop models and accessories and parts on here, but what really matters is how it all comes together. Time to show off your setup! I'll go first.

Laptop on the left side of the desk is hp dv9500t. Just behind the laptop is a Sound Blaster Live! USB (with a toslink optical connection to my stereo equipment). In the center we have the hp w2007 widescreen monitor, AuraVision illuminated keyboard and logitech optical wheel mouse. Just to the right of the monitor is a Venus DS3R FireWire RAID enclosure housing 2x 500GB drives (RAID1 mirror). To the right of that is my audio equipment, a Stello DA-100 192 bit upsampling DAC, and a Stello HP-100 pre-amp. The speakers on either side are ADAM Audio A7 studio monitors. On the floor in the corner is my flatbed scanner, a Firewire Epson 4870 (I don't have a place to put it yet so it's not even hooked up at the moment).

Attached Files:

2. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    Well i am just using a Dell Inspiron 500m that has been loaned to me right now until my new laptop that i have orders arrives a Dell 1330.
    This is how my setup used to be not that long ago-
    http://usera.imagecave.com/picturesmac/test23.jpg
    and before that it looked like this-
    http://usera.imagecave.com/picturesmac/DCP_0008.JPG
    When my new computer comes i will take some new pictures. I am thinking of buying an Apple display next week or so but i doubt i will because for me the Apple displays are probably lacking into inputs.

3. INCSlayer

INCSlayer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    im on vacation atm so i cant get any pics of my desktop but i have a question for both of you how the h**l do you manage to keep your desktops so clean mines cluttered like h**l with stuff

4. lupin..the..3rd

Reputations:
    clean? did you see all those tangled cords behind my desk? It's awful!! Once I tidy it up a bit, I'll let you know. :D

Rachuk's desk is clean.

5. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

Reputations:
    I guess that i just do not like clutter.
    I didn't have to clean up or hide things away for the pictures.
    I have a lot of drawer space as well so i can put stuff in my drawers rather than keeping them all out of my desk.

6. Circa69

Circa69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Already a thread for this with a couple hundred posts, here :D

I meant to add mine but never did, thanks for the reminder.

7. skywalker

skywalker Business Notebook FTW!!

Reputations:
    Nice..I dont see your CPU,so where you put your CPU chassis? Behind the LCD screen?..:p

8. lupin..the..3rd

Reputations:
    the dv9500t laptop is my cpu. I don't have a desktop pc.

9. ipanema77

ipanema77 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Space is a nice thing to have in London !

10. PlayerOne

PlayerOne Newbie

Reputations:
    You guys are in luck! Just cleaned my table yesturday! (well, half of it, that's why the other half isn't in the pic!)

Did this recently, cuz I'm selling my laptop (15.4") and getting a new one (12")

Have it set up so that I can grab it easily in the morning when I'm in a hurry. Hidden under the table is a usb hub where I plug my external sound card and cooling pad.

When I get my new laptop it'll have wifi so I'll only need to plug and unplug 2 things(power and usb hub).

Hope you guys like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.