should i go for this T400 ?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by lie495fc, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
  2. vēer

vēer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm, thats weird, I didnt find anything for the one in mine, apparently didnt look hard enough :D
    Bummer, I wont have one in replacement T410 Im getting soon, forgot about mentioning turbo memory, lets hope that according to Lenovo config lookup 3gb of RAM, twice the storage in form of 320gb HDD and i5 will make up for it lol.

3. lead_org

Reputations:
    just get a SSD, the turbo memory was Intel's ploy to get the consumer excited about NAND based storage device, so it was the training wheel before they released their SSD lineup. Now that they have the SSD products, the turbo memory is no longer necessary.

4. lie495fc

lie495fc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanx guys, i got the system today. looks and feels nice. t9600 is so much faster than su7300(1.73ghz), like it very much. seller didn't give me any disks, should i ask ?

5. lead_org

Reputations:
    usually the Thinkpads don't ship with recovery media disks, you can create a set (provided the person whom sold you it did not do so) from start->program->thinkvantage->Create Product Recovery Media.

6. lie495fc

lie495fc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thinkvantage is great, thanx :D

thinking of upgrade to at least 3GB ram. should i replace existing ram with 2x2gb or add an additional 1gb or 2gb ram. on 32bit vista business.

7. lead_org

Reputations:
    i suggest you put some money towards Win 7 OS. The T400 runs much better with the Windows 7, and they are less resource hungry. You could also skip to 64 bit OS during the process.

8. vēer

vēer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, as lead_org said get Win7 64bit and THEN upgrade to 4Gb of RAM :D
    After I used Win7 there is no way Im going back to XP on any of my computers.
    Congrats on your new machine, given that its almost the same as R400 Id say youve gotten one hell of a good frankensteins laptop, theres something in this assymetrical design coming from mad scientists lab :D
    Enjoy!

9. lineS of flight

lineS of flight Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This is so true! I love the asymmetric design of my R400 and would miss it in future versions which revert back to the symmetric design!

10. vēer

vēer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One of my favourite ThinkPads could be one with assymetrical LCD and with new keyboard with larger esc/del keys as well as new-bigger touchpad but with the old trackpoint buttons :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.