Should I get nc6000,nc8000,nx7010 or zt3131?

Discussion in 'HP' started by RAM, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAM

RAM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hei!

I cannot make a decision on which model I should buy.
    The main features are clear: 1,6GHz,512Mb and HDD 5200rpm. But then...

The nx7010 looks great. I like the widescreen, but I have read the resolution is very dense and it hurts. It seems to be very silent, what I extremely appreciate. It only has 802.11b

The zt3131 looks very similar to the nx7010 to me. Am I wrong? But the quality is (or may be) lower than the nx7010. Am I wrong again? I think I cannot get it with HDD 5200rpm :-(

The nc6000 looks also great. The main drawback is the screen size (only 14,4"). But it comes with 802.11b/g and bluetooth. Can anyone tell me how silent it is?

Finally, the nc8000 is very similar to the nc6000. The main difference is the screen size (15"). Am I wrong? Again, can anyone tell me how silent it is?

Well, can anyone help me with the decision?

2. Quikster

Quikster Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Hey if you can customize it yourself, the HD for the zt3000 you can get a 5400rpm hard drive in both 60 and 80 gb varieties. As far as quality compared to the nx7010 I have no idea, but if you read through the user reviews on cnet(http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_Pavilion_zt3000/4505-3121_7-30598913.html?tag=pdtl-list) the zt3000 looks very good. It has a 97% positive feedback. Again, if you can customize it you can also get all the wireless options on this model as well.
    The others have mixed user reviews from only a few people so its hard to tell how well people really like it since there is a low sampling here, but the nx8000 does have 100% positive feed back from only 8 people.

3. supermags

supermags Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got my NC6000, and i can guarantee you that it's absolutely dead silent! The harddrive and the fan doesnt make ANY noise under normal working conditions, and only slightly when running games and processing intensive apps!!
    But this is what you can expect for a "business" laptop as opposed to a consumer laptop...

Also - the screen is very good, and doesnt seem that small to me at all.. but that's just a first impression, i'll let you know if i start having probs with it!
    M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.