Setting Up Google Chromebook Questions

Discussion in 'Chrome OS and Software' started by Drew1, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey all got an issue here. I downloaded many files with my chromebook. But many of these files are .rar. Some of them are videos and after i download it, i could just view it like that. Others you seem to have to extract it. I downloaded a rar program from play store to do this. But it seemed everytime i wanted to play a video, i have to extract it 3 times etc. Does anyone know how i could fix this issue? Because in windows after you extract a file, it should be available to play just like that. Also some videos i cannot even seem to extract. Also do most of you use the default player to play videos or vlc player?

Thanks.

2. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    But it seemed everytime i wanted to play a video, i have to extract it 3 times etc. Does anyone know how i could fix this issue?

I use the RAR program from the playstore too. I'm not sure why you're having to extract it 3 times.. make sure to extract it and save it in the /downloads folder.

Also some videos i cannot even seem to extract.

Maybe they are corrupt?

Also do most of you use the default player to play videos or vlc player?

Lately I've been using VLC because with large video files it seems the default player has a hard time when you skip far ahead / behind.