1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Seriously E6520? (FN+SHIFT+1,5,3,2,4)

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Rykoshet, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Rykoshet

Rykoshet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok, pressing this combination, and then FN+R on my E6510 brings up the BIOS Thermal Options, allowing me turn off BIOS thermal management and run speedfan.

On the E6520, the first combination seems to work, the CAPS LOCK key blinks for a second, but then FN+R does not work. Nothing seems to work actually.

Any help, I need to use speedfan as it's constantly getting too hot!

2. Dreamliner330

Dreamliner330 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ? my e6520 is the coolest running laptop I have ever owned.

3. ranranran

ranranran Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not when you're running LOTRo or something - my temp according to speedfan hits 80oC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want thermal control too, but speedfan can only monitor, no adjustments work.

...and that key combination does *NOT* work on the E6520, as Dreamliner said. What is the key combination????