Series 9 Accessories

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John Ratsey, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, I purchased another low-cost power supply. It did the same thing - made the touchpad impossible to use. The touchpad became very erratic. Both of these low-cost chargers charged the battery, but both (different form-factors and brands) had the same affect on the touchpad.

I found it interesting to note that the "official" Samsung charger is also made by Liteon (you may need a magnifying glass to see it!).

I ended up buying a second Samsung "official" charger for 3 times the price - guess I paid for "peace of mind".

bert

2. u600213

u600213 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought a Samsung AA-AV2N12B - VGA adapter and have been using it to drive an LG246BN 1920x1200 monitor. Tonight I tried to hook the external monitor up using an HDMI cable and a Micro HDMI D Male plug to HDMI Female Adapter Convertor Short Cable 1080P from meritline.com This caused the display on the external monitor to be shifted around an inch to the left. Googling tells me it is a problem with the particular LG monitor's HDMI edid info. So I'm back to VGA for now and will either doctor up the edid info or more likely swap the Samsung monitor on my desktop PC with LG and see if they all like each other better.

I am not heartbroken because my external monitor is to the right of the notebook so the VGA on the right side of the notebook is more geographically suitable.

3. mlee21

mlee21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Where were you able to purchase this "official" charger?

4. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I purchaed the Samsung AA PA3NS40 US charger from B&H (Samsung Slim Netbook Power Adapter, 40W (AA-PA3NS40)) for $58.77 - it was the least expensive price I was able to find.

They're out of stock of it right now, but suspect they'll have them in stock again soon.

Out of the 2 different cheap chargers I purchased on eBay, both had the same issue. They seemed to charge OK, but I couldn't use the NP900x3c with either one because they both caused issues with the trackpad.

bert

5. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Liteon is one of the big global manufacturers of PSUs for many notebook brands.

Did your new PSU have the straight or L-shaped plug?

John

6. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Both the original and the second one I purchased had L-shaped plugs.

bert

7. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've grown accustomed to having a keyboard cover on my laptops. I like the fact that they keep the keyboards from accumulating lots of junk - which I'm quite guilty of providing!

So, I purchased a keyboard-cover for my NP900x3c laptop from SAMSUNG keyboard skin Protector

It came from China and took several weeks. It doesn't fit perfectly, and I've been in communication with the seller, and they're looking to fix and/or send me another. But, it's still quite usable. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

As you can see the top and bottom rows of keys is a bit off, but all of the other keys fit perfectly. Even with this less-than-perfect fit, I'm happy to use this as it does provide a fair amount of protection.

bert

8. bsktcase

bsktcase Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I found this case Amazon.com: Wenger LEGACY 14.1 ULTRA COMPUTER CASE SLIMCASE: Computers & Accessories at Staples and it is brilliant. It's lightweight neoprene with one well-padded laptop pocket which fits my NP900X4B 15" perfectly, plus three more stretchy pockets that securely hold EVERYTHING else including a Logitech bluetooth mouse, Seagate 1TB external drive, fistful of memory sticks, all the dongles, and the power adapter. It has handles and a decent shoulder strap. Highly recommend.

Regarding the video outs, I saw someone mentioned using both ports (micro HDMI and micro DisplayPort) to run out to two monitors. Can anyone confirm that the video card will support two independent external monitors at the same time (extend display, not clone)? I already have micro HDMI dongles but it'd be worth it to me to pick up the otherwise-silly micro DisplayPort if I can do that with it.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. alexcriss

alexcriss Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Dual extended monitors works for me using Linux (and I see no reasons why it shouldn't work under Windows). Be careful that when you use two external monitors you cannot use the laptop display (at least using Linux).

Be careful also that the other port is NOT a micor DisplayPort, but rather a proprietary Samsung adapter

10. opticblast

opticblast Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend a good mini HDMI to HDMI dongle that they have experience with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.