Series 7 Ultra NP730U3E / NP740U3E with AMD HD 8570M and optional 4G LTE

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdma

kdma Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies :)
    Regarding wifi I already downgraded to windows built-in drivers 14.something and they work much better than official ones now i want to see what will happens with the new ones that are going under testing.
    For the touchpad i think i messed up by installing the drivers manually since i couldnt find the three finger swype on the control panel.

@John
    My fault the correct shortcut was shift-fin/home without ctrl :D the one with ctrl is for advancing word by word

2. BXN

BXN Newbie

Reputations:
    Comparing the same GPU with different CPUs is not what I like. Even the same CPU in different machines can act in different way - for example Sony Vaio Pro 13 (SVP1321) is choking i5-4200U and its HD 4400. That's why I ask those, who already have NP730U3E/NP740U3E ;)

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Make sure you also try the other tweaks mentioned in the WiFI Remedies thread, as they can help significantly as well.

Manually installing touchpad drivers should be fine. Again, look up a recent model in SW Update and save the driver locally, then uninstall/re-install (reboots in between).

As for controlling gestures, check this post in the Trackpad thread.

Also, I wonder if member damouk's advice in this post may help if you still have problems with freezing.

4. PedoPoh

PedoPoh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    how do u permanently off the backlight i put it at Dark in settings and sometimes it still comes on

5. caglarberkman

caglarberkman Newbie

Reputations:
    hey i need help :) in my country we have two version of this notebook and it is called np730u3e x01TR and 740 version which is not good for me i dont want touch screen model. i read this topic but i cant find any black version of this model i found one video review from my country and at 08:58 they opened laptop from this picture can any body tell me which version of this i want discrete graphic card model and upgradable ram Samsung ATIV Book 7 Ultrabook and one more question. i am considering macbook air 13 becouse of build quality not for look is this laptop solid as macbook air thank you for your answers

6. batinhas

batinhas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just installed win 8.1 via store. Brightness control doesn't, can't access pc definitions... Argh....

7. tfyg

tfyg Newbie

Reputations:
    I just installed 8.1 . my brightness control didnt work too , I noticed the newest intel display driver installed automatically during the update process.so I unisntalled the intel driver and re install the original driver (switchable graphic driver) and it works now , hope this helps

8. Dannemand

Reputations:
    On the subject on Win 8.1, please see the sticky thread we just posted about it.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...pgrade-until-samsung-has-updated-drivers.html

Even though there is likely to be some issues unique to individual models (particularly relating to graphics drivers) the basic incompatibilities between Win 8.1 and existing Samsung drivers, Settings and SW Update are common to all Samsung models. We're trying to gather experiences and updates about that instead of having it mushroom across all the individual threads (as is currently happening).

batinhas likes this.
  9. watchkatt

watchkatt Newbie

Reputations:
    Too late for me...:mad:

I updated from Win Store:

and now, i have a damned all-black screen with the mouse cursor only.

If i try to shut down it go in hibernation ( i guess, left blue light blink...), i can't recovery.

What can i do now ( aside from prayer) ? :(

10. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Read that sticky thread. Your are not alone, and many have posted fixes there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.