Series 7 Ultra NP730U3E / NP740U3E with AMD HD 8570M and optional 4G LTE

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    I was confused with this at first but it is actually really easy! Just download software update from the website, it recognises your model and shows you all the drivers you need. It is then just a case of installing the drivers/software you want ( This way you can install only necessary drivers and not the bloat.

I did the same and installed Win8 Pro on my ultra, it was a really easy process

2. ComradeNF

ComradeNF Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow... That's all it takes for the drivers? The simplicity amazes me. I absolutely love Samsung. This will be my first laptop from them though (been using their phones and TVs for years). Amazing hardware for the price and they just know how to make things work.

Can't wait to pick one of these up. I went to Media Markt today in Sweden and looked at one of them and it was gorgeous. The display was extremely glossy and reflective though but it wasn't any kind of a deal breaker. I'll be using it at college, but like most colleges, we have buildings that have roofs.

I don't understand how I didn't notice this model until yesterday. I'd been looking for weeks at ultrabooks and the only thing that repeatedly showed up was the XPS 13, X1 carbon, ASUS Zenbook, Aspire 7, etc.

3. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    Yeah, that is the joy of a touchscreen! but it is bright enough that is has been a non issue for me (unlike the stupidly glossy alienware m14x/m17x I have used before).

Still blown away by the performance considering its size, been playing Wargame Airland Battle at 1080p medium settings a lot recently and not only does it play well but it stays cool and the fans do not get that loud! compared to my m14x which sounded like a jet engine it is a breath of fresh air. I actually have to keep loading up MSI afterburner as I keep thinking something is wrong as it is so quiet on load

4. acerbhattac

acerbhattac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    where can i buy this laptop in canada?

thanks!

5. crosis

crosis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys,
    One more mystery to be solved... is there anyone else who suffers from glithes/stuttering sound? This happens on onboard Realtek as well as external X-Fi. Tested on two SSD's. I did some research and it looks that Windows 8 high DPC causes this irritating issue. I've tried to disconnect all peripherals I currently use but to no avail. Each 30-60 seconds I get DPC peaks and what comes with that - glithes in sound (slightly reduced in silent mode off, but still..).

I still have several days when I can return this notebook and get full refund as, really, it's just starting to be more and more irritating... why are they selling such a great machine along with Win 8 that does not even work properly...

Tried that, but no luck. Reports show that this !@#$%^& is caused by usbport.sys driver...

6. ninja2000

ninja2000 Mash IT

Reputations:
    I am not noticing any stuttering yet. I will run dpc latency checker later and let you know my results.

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I've noticed that the latency on my Windows 8 X4C is permanently in the 1ms zone (dpc latency checker's yellow zone) plus spikes of up to about 4ms.

I haven't yet tried tracking down the culprit(s).

John

8. crosis

crosis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @John,
    My 730U3E constantly shows something like 2ms with peaks every 30-45 seconds to 8-10ms, however my record was ~326ms...
    I will post screenshots when back from work. Will do some testing with second SSD and recovered OS. I wouldn't even bother with all this if there were no audio issues...

9. Tyo

Tyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. ComradeNF

ComradeNF Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Saw this unit for $800 in new condition on eBay so I had to buy it. $200 cheaper than Best Buy and no sales tax sounds great to me!

Should receive it next week when I am back from my business trip!

Now all that is left is to sell my Sony Vaio S13A. Hated this laptop, nice to finally buy something else.

Sent from my SGH-I747

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.