1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Series 7 Touchpad Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by OFilippov, Apr 9, 2012.

1. OFilippov

OFilippov Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys.
    I just bought a Samsung NP700Z5A-S03US.
    The touchpad is not responsive or very-very slow and erratic after a couple of minutes when I turn my computer on for about 5-10 minutes. After that it seems to work properly.
    I tried reinstalling the touchpad driver and perform the basic restore from Samsung Recovery Solution per Samsung tech suggestions. Also I have updated the BIOS from Version 11FD to 12FD.
    None of that seemed to help.
    Is this a hardware problem with my laptop? Or maybe I can try to do something else?
    I've had a quite few laptops in a past and none of them had this kind of problem.
    Thanks.

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
  3. _GZ_

_GZ_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I also have problems with the touch pad, but ONLY when plugged in. Never on battery.

When the laptop is plugged in the touch pad is non-responsive and jumpy, it's driving me crazy. Luckily I usually have an external keyboard when it's plugged in.

Edit: Samsung 9-series.

Edit again: The problem seems to be my new additional adapter, which is NOT the original. It causes the touch pad to go buzurk. The original adapter works fine.

4. spincel

spincel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update to the lastest driver using Easy Software Manager. The revision number should be 7.0.13 if I remember correctly. Turn up the sensitive and it will eliminate those laggy jump cursor, although the touch now become very sensitive to every moment we touch that.

5. OFilippov

OFilippov Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick replies guys

The Easy Software Manager doesn't let me update the driver - I guess because I do have the latest 10.7.13.1. Also I could not find the sensitivity adjustment in built in touchpad utility, but I found one using ETDAniConf utility - you adjust it with that right?

I use my laptop mostly without the cable - since it gets in my way all the time ;) but it doesn't seem to matter if it is plugged in or not - same problems

Not yet - I sure will check it out

6. spincel

Reputations:
    That version is the latest. I did not remember the whole version number :D. Also, ETDAniConf is the only to tune your touchpad. If you don't have that, you can download old driver and copy from that to the installation folder.

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
  8. OFilippov

OFilippov Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried all your suggestions - adjusted sensitivity using EDTAniConf.exe - also enabled touchpad while typing and unfortunately still have the same problem: The touchpad is dead for the few minutes after a short while when I turn the computer on. :(

9. spincel

Reputations:
    Try to install driver again and restart. I experienced this once time. After I installed the new version over the old one, Window did not recognize the touchpad. However, I installed once more time and reset and everything is back in normal. Just found a copy of the newest touchpad driver. I will upload into some sharing hostings for someone who needs that.

10. barendh

barendh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same problem, sort of.
    Two-finger-scrolling wakes up a few minutes after startup.
    How do I reinstall the driver (10.7.13.1) ?