Series 7 Chronos All Models: Push for SAMSUNG to implement "FIXED MODE" in BIOS

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Dec 9, 2011.

?

Indicate your interest for Samsung to implement a fix for the OpenGL issue

1. I'm all for it, Samsung should implement a fix.

91.5%
  2. Otherwise I may consider returning the Series 7 for a refund.

43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hd.ticket

hd.ticket Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have purchased a S04US and am yet to receive and would love to have the ability to switch graphics manually. I live in India and I am not sure if the Samsung ppl here would've even heard of the 7 series :D .

Should I be sending a mail to Samsung or is this work already in progress ?

2. InvertedVantage

InvertedVantage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone else getting a black screen in Bad Company 2?

EDIT: Homefront crashes on startup.

EDIT2: Fixed Homefront with a reinstall. :)

3. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    This is exactly the issue we've been talking about, Strelzy.

4. InvertedVantage

InvertedVantage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has there been any word from Samsung? I know my case got forwarded to Tier 2, but haven't heard anything since.

5. E-Bow

E-Bow Newbie

Reputations:
    With the latest Leshcat mod drivers, I'm able to make my opengl software using the ATI card (however, I've tried only with my software). Moreoever, apparently it now starts with the ATI regardless of the mode (high performance or battery saving) set.

6. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    There should not be any reason why we users need to use modded drivers to make this work right. The onus is on the manufacturer to allow access to all supported features of any notebook.

7. E-Bow

E-Bow Newbie

Reputations:
    I perfectly agree and I do LONG for official drivers to make my notebook working properly.
    On the other side I NEED it to work properly NOW and therefore I had to find a workaround.
    This does not mean that I'm happy this way with a brand new machine, and that I will support every initiative to have it working properly with official, stable and "safe" drivers.

8. Stern83

Stern83 Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried the Leschat preview 1 12.1 version. I still could not switch manually to the AMD. It seems the Intel driver is stuck.

to Strelzy : Any news from Samsnug? I bought my 700z5 in London and I live in Norway so customer support here wont help me as the model is not in sale here yet.

Starting Skyrim, only shows intel HD even when it`s on high performance.
    The game is clearly not using the AMD chip when I attempt playing it.
    Using programs like VLC uses about 15-20 seconds of viewing time before it runs smoothly. Even on simple DIVX files.

Will attempt recovery to fabrication status today. See if that helps.

Has anyone found a solution. I would not mind having to run the AMD chip all the time.

Any response is deeply appreciated.

9. fatalwound03

fatalwound03 Newbie

Reputations:
    Stern83, I do not play skyrim but I do play Starcraft 2 and was having issues with the video card even on the low settings. I was on the phone with Samsung Customer service tier 2 support for over an hour working step by step with them. It is an issue with the drivers, even the support line admitted to it. The most they can do for us now is to escelate it to a product engineer.

In the mean time, you did right by installing the Leschat files, but what I had to do was completely unistall CCC first, and then uninstall the drivers manually through device manager, and make sure you don't keep the driver files on the actual computer (it gives you an option to delete the drivers after uninstall). Restart the computer and the resolution should be out of wack and show a much lower resolution. Go to your device manager to confirm that both cards (intel and AMD) are not assigned the correct drivers, and then install the Leschat file. I did not try the 12.1 version, I did the 11.12 version.

This seemed to correct my issue with the video car and now I am playing my games flawlessly. This is just a temporary fix to our problem but this is the best solution there is for now.

10. dp3000

dp3000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What battery life are you guys getting from the laptop?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.