Seeking a premium lightweight laptop experience with the best screen possible to showcase pictures!

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by mnd99, Jun 4, 2019.

1. mnd99

mnd99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Traveling salesperson looking for a lightweight laptop with the best screen suited to view high resolution pictures! Rather than color accuracy, it's more like the pictures need to pop! My clients should be able to look at the delicious pictures and give me their money. This is the objective. No games. Nothing else matters. This laptop will only be used to showcase pictures. It would be ideal if the laptop had a sleek 'high end' look.

I just can't decide on the screen size. I want a good balance between portability and easy viewing experience for my clients. I think something in between 13 and 15" works.

1) What is your budget?
    can go up to $3K.
    3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
    U.S.A
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?

Yes.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Showcasing pictures.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?)

No games.

Screen Specifics

Colors that pop. Premium viewing experience with hopefully no light bleeding. Touch screen would be nice but it is not a deal breaker. I'm willing to sacrifice touch for a better screen.

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Best Buy has the HP Spectre x360 OLED on display at most stores so you may be able to test drive one before purchasing. Dell will also have the XPS available with the OLED panel soon, along with a few other vendors.

mnd99 likes this.
  3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th gen with teh WQHD HDR LCD seems like a good fit, though no touch. If you can wait for the 7th gen, which should be coming soon, that'll likely offer a better screen.

mnd99 likes this.
  4. mnd99

Reputations:
    OLED screens on laptops are a thing now? Wow! amazing. I will check out the Best Buy Spectre. Ideally, I need to have a laptop before June is over. I don't know if the XPS OLED panel will be available within that time.

X1 carbon. Thinkpad look. Great keyboard. Both Spectre X360 and X1 carbon are my top contenders. Thank you guys! I will do some research on these two models. There appears to be some kind of "Thinksale" happening at Lenovo. I will play around.

5. mnd99

Reputations:
    There is also the Yoga 730 15" with the OLED screen. It's definitely a lot more heavier than the X1 carbon or the spectre X360 but after checking out some OLED screens, I think it's the only way to go.

So right now based on availability, it's spectre x360 vs Yoga 730. Both 15" laptops. Both OLED.

6. Lamim Rashid

Lamim Rashid Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Razer Blade 15 advanced model can be configured to have a 15inch 4k OLED screen. I don't think laptops get anymore premium than that. But that's more of a gaming laptop so I would opt for something more like this https://www.msi.com/Prestige/P65-Creator-9SX-GTX which can be configured to have a 4k screen as well. The P65 seems to have a large focus on its screen so might be what you're looking for. I think your only other OLED options have already been mentioned (Razer, HP, Lenovo, etc)

mnd99 likes this.
  7. mnd99

Reputations:
    Thank you for your post. What an interesting little machine and certainly the most expensive offering. It looks like the only way I can get the OLED screen is to go with the RTX 2080. For that someone that doesn't play any games, getting such a powerful graphics card seems wrong! I do love the look and size of the machine.

The P65 is an absolutely gorgeous machine. I wonder if that white paint would get easily chipped. Thanks for mentioning these two new choices. I will do more research.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    XPS 4K. OLED is not the be all end all it's made out to be. Burn in is a real thing and every OLED device I have owned experienced it.

9. TD123

TD123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would highly recommend focusing on laptops with a 4k screen resolution. A touch screen can be an added bonus if you are sliding through pictures to show clients. Don't go any smaller than 15" as viewing pictures on a small display isnt as effective. I would also recommend you never buy refurbished!

10. mnd99

Reputations:
    My co-worker has Alienware 13R3 with OLED screen. No burn in years. I guess it's just a matter of luck maybe?

Yes. I was thinking no smaller than 15" for clients. Thanks for the affirmation. May I ask why you say why you say not to get refurbished? XPS 15 4K is a good option for a 15" 4K and touch and dell outlet has quite a few of them. Do you not recommend getting XPS outlet ones?