Second-hand thinkpad x301 owner's thread.

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bronsky, Aug 7, 2012.

1. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    Since I received a few requests asking for the color profile and modded BIOS, I just wanted to update you guys on my situation. I am currently studying in the UK and no longer have time to keep sending people stuff. So from now on please don't ask me for the files anymore, I won't be handing them out. Thanks for your understanding.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    I have the color profile on Dropbox and can send the link to anyone with PM privileges. I also have the "fusion install' file. If that is the nodded bios, I can put that up too.

At least you can still go to Scotland without a passport.

JaneL likes this.
  3. ZyXELis

ZyXELis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are these BIOSes and Color Profiles a steal (private etc.) or can you be prosecuted for distributing them? Why won't you just make them public?

4. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    One of the color profiles belongs to me (the Spyder one) and the other one is private. Though the owner wanted to make it publicy available, he never got around to doing it, so I won't make it public either.

The old dual IDA BIOS was a request by me. It is based on the original newest lenovo BIOS and it simply adds dual IDA. It was given to me so I could do what I want with it, however, lenovo owns the BIOS and we have tempered with it, so anyone who is smart would avoid posting it in public. Same goes for the new dual IDA BIOS. It is based on the MDL no whitelist BIOS (credits go to them) but asked for dual IDA to be added to it as well, making it a sort of "fusion" BIOS which has been through many hands. It would also be wise not to post this in public either. Hope that makes things a bit clearer as to why I don't want any public links.

5. ZyXELis

Reputations:
    Got it. Thanks for clearing this out.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    Okay ... more on the shutting down. It just did it again, unplugged on my patio. My notebook remains on and plugged in all day long at my office and never shuts down. It seems to occur when I've left the keyboard alone for awhile, occupied with other things. I'm beginning to suspect that the problem is with sleep or hibernation. Anybody having issue with that?

7. pspNR

pspNR Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks. Ran the Memtest yesterday which failed initially, then passed after re-seating the ram modules . I ran the tests from Hiren's boot usb disk.

Which software shud I use for heavy I/O test? And I don't have a SSD but a regular old 120GB SATA drive.

8. ZyXELis

Reputations:
    Take your pick: 14 Free Hard Drive Testing Tools (Updated September 2014)

9. Stephan_Bieker

Stephan_Bieker Newbie

Reputations:
    Dont waste youre time. Buy a New msata SSD and a Adapter msata 1,8''.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

10. ZyXELis

Reputations:
    Just watch out for cheapest adapters on e-bay. I've got one similar to the one mentioned here (http://forum.notebookreview.com/len...nkpad-x301-owner-s-thread-41.html#post9727956) by Furydrone and it did not work. I've noticed some minor differences from mine and his. Then I search for the exact one (we know it works, jus a bit more expensive) and came across Mini PCIe PCI-e mSATA 3x5cm SSD to 1.8" Micro SATA Converter Adapter Card | eBay. Did not receive it yet so I cannot comment on it but the mSATA SSD model is the same so fingers crossed :)