Searching for Laptops with 1660Ti/2060/1070 and G-Sync Capability?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by CivicJDM, Mar 4, 2020.

1. CivicJDM

CivicJDM Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Right now I have a Clevo P650SE with i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M 3GB.

I am looking to upgrade to a laptop with either the i7-8750H or i7-9750H CPU and for the GPU, I am looking at machines with the GTX 1660Ti, RTX 2060 or GTX 1070. (All are around the similar level of performance)

My current laptop has a 1080p 60Hz IPS panel. I am hoping to upgrade to a laptop with 120Hz or 144Hz. One thing I would like is support for G-Sync, because I find my eyes can get quite strained if the framerate is fluctuating whilst gaming, and I thought that G-Sync might help to overcome this.

I have had trouble finding a complete, comprehensive list of laptops that have the GPUs I mentioned, that will allow me to see ones that support features like G-Sync. Are there any resources I can use to find laptops that meet my criteria, which includes EVERYTHING including more obscure brands like Clevo and Tongfang?

I did look at one website, noteb.com, but I find the information to be inaccurate as it states certain laptops have G-Sync when in fact they do not.

Any recommendations of laptops in particular would be most appreciated. I have a budget of £900 maximum but I don't mind looking at the second-hand market if needs be. I can also consider choices without G-Sync to widen the selection. - Ideally I would LOVE a laptop with 120Hz, G-Sync and QHD resolution but I don't think anything matching that criteria exists.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Please edit your post by copy/pasting and filling out this form.

3. petitcat

petitcat Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't really see laptops are advertising their laptop with G-sync Technology. Not sure if I'm right but it seems like now the manufacturers who offers high referesh rate like 120Hz or 144Hz that basically provides the same result as what G-sync do.

i found few oned might fits your need that you can take a look at it.

https://www.adorama.com/gi15saf71bdw.html