]]>

SD Slot on CF-19FJGAAAM

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by gijoe4us, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Thats fine.
    The step by step upgrade path usually eliminates basic driver issues.

2. gijoe4us

gijoe4us Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Okay, downloaded the Win 8.1 and Win 10 Pro 64 Bit versions. I do have both the 8.1 key, as well as my Win 10 key. Luckily I have not installed too much on this 19 FJ sled.

I will start with a total, clean install of win 8.1 with Mk4 drivers and see what happens. Next I'll do same if it does not get SD Slot up and running under Mk5, then Mk6, and then I will go back to Mk3 if all fails. If ALL fails, I'll re-image, and do a Win 10 64 bit install and see what happens....

I love having the extra 19, and 5 operating systems (32 and 64 Bit) to test on while waiting for my "parts" machine from Canada!!! Keeps me mind working fully!!!

Anyways, Toughbook and toughasnails nailed it!!! Do research!!!!! Ask questions, not hacks, cracks, serials and passwords!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM
    Shawn likes this.
  3. gijoe4us

gijoe4us Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After all the researching, I have wiped the SSD and re-installed Win 7 Ult 64 Bit. Then I installed the Pani Driver Package for Win 7 64 Bit MK IV. All of the buttons, SD Slot, EVERYTHING, is working perfectly. Somewhere in the Win 8.1 and/or Win 10 on a MK III, it does not like any of the other driver packages from Pani and the MS ones don't work.

What is very interesting, is that when I look at my MK IV driver for the SD Storage controller, it shows it as "migrated". The MK IV came with Win 7 32 Bit. I installed a 64 Bit being a MS TechNet guy and then the Pani drivers. I then went to 8, and then 8.1, and finally to Win 10 as an MS Win 10 Insider. Doing this process on the MK IV, everything still works fine.

I think something in the hardware on the MK III will not update to a newer driver, thus not recognizing the fact that an SD slot is installed.

Again, thanks for input!! Panasonic does recommend Windows 7!!!!

Shawn likes this.