SB/SC/SE series 1600x900 screen upgrade SUCCESS

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by niffcreature, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euchrid_eucrow

euchrid_eucrow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you have to remove the LCD assembly in order to snake the new cable? I've gotten my replacement cable and verified that it works but I'm having a little trouble snaking the cable. I'm willing to take everything apart but I figured I'd ask first since you've completed the mod.

Edit: NM got it installed just fine, had to dremel a piece off of the case as you did to get it to sit correctly.

2. euchrid_eucrow

euchrid_eucrow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also, just for laughs i plugged in a 14" AUO 1600x900 panel i happen to have from another notebook to see if it would work but although i did get an image on the screen it was far too garbled to be useable. Oh well, if it had worked i might have tried modding the case to get it to fit.

3. stronzetto

stronzetto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you think a SVS13A display can work on a VPCSA unit?

4. m_ugur

m_ugur Newbie

Reputations:
    dear niffcreature

do you know how must i position switches for svs13 board to upgrade from 1366x768 scren to 1600x900

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=A132...cid=A132BE57C64A5D62&id=A132BE57C64A5D62!1631

5. hondahoho

hondahoho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a question , can we change the screen of vaio Z 2012 to the vaio S 2012 ? because i think the difference between 13.1 inch and 13.3 inch is not too much and i love the screen quality of vaio Z 2012

6. milo77

milo77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Congratulations! I have an SB3S9E laptop trying to perform the same upgrade. My 4 dip switches for the 1366x768 screen from 1 to 4 are set as 0,1,0,0. Can you please let me know how you rearranged them to drive the 1600x900 screen? Thanks.

7. milo77

milo77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Congratulations! I have an SB3S9E laptop trying to perform the same upgrade. My 4 dip switches for the 1366x768 screen from 1 to 4 are set as 0,1,0,0. Can you please let me know how you rearranged them to drive the 1600x900 screen? Thanks.

8. drmrsolds

drmrsolds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Niff, can you check and respond to emails Please.

9. DARKuser

DARKuser Newbie

Reputations:
    Although this thread's been dead for a year now, I'd like to report my own success story in doing the upgrade. I received a VPC-SB with a broken 1366x768 LCD, so it was the perfect candidate for the procedure.

I followed both the current thread and this one.

The details (sorry, too lazy to take pictures):
    - LG LP133WD2SLB1 LCD (eBay)
    - V030 LVDS 2CH CABLE, 356-0111-8283_A (eBay)
    - some of the inside brackets of the lid and frame were cut in order to make room for the LCD; the screen itself wasn't touched
    - the DIP switches on the motherboard (next to the video cable connector) were changed from "1 0 0 0" to "0 0 1 0"

Everything works fine afterwards (BIOS, brightness, ...) without any other adjustments. The quality of the screen is much better, but more importantly in this case is that the machine is usable again.

10. Andvari3d

Andvari3d Newbie

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.