Samsung Series 9 - Windows 8

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by usb7, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belzebutt

belzebutt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

• Are you talking about Intel Rapid Start? I"ve been trying to get that to work and I can't get it installed. I'm using Windows hibernation.

Does Rapid Start actually work on your Series 9, i.e. it hibernates to disk and then resumes as fast as from sleep mode?

2. sabbasolo

sabbasolo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, I believe it does. It seems to be hidden, ie shows up in Installed Programs, but no application visible. Hybrid sleep is NOT enabled in the power settings. But it works, as far as I can tell. I set power button to hibernate, and wake up is the same as when I just shut the lid and it sleeps, as far as I can tell.

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Note that Windows 8 includes somethings similar to IRST as explained here.

John

4. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You didn't delete the 4GB partition before you did a clean install, did you? That is needed for rapid start to work I believe.

5. sabbasolo

sabbasolo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My notebook NP900X4C-07US seems to be changing of its own accord to Power Saving plan, (from Samsung Optimized) This is happening repeatedly, on a schedule, even without going to sleep or hibernation. Any ideas? I suspect there is some other "settings" program interfering, but I can't find it.

6. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Where are you setting the Power Plan? In Easy Settings or Windows Power Management? (Assuming that Windows 8 includes both these facilities).

John

7. onetrev

onetrev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone else out there getting tired of waiting for Samsung to upgrade and release new Intel Graphics drivers? I'm running an NP900X4D, and it's been out for just shy of 2 months now, and still we don't have Intel Graphics drivers that allow me run Intel WiDi -- the WiDi App just says you need to upgrade your graphics drivers from either Intel or your OEM. But I can't install the drivers from Intel, they bark and say you need OEM drivers. And around an around we go...

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else is having resolution issues connecting this model to their HDTV through the HDMI cable. Since I have no WiDi I'm hooking up to the TV through HDMI, but the resolution is off. The last 100px or so square on the TV are off the screen, so all the edges of the display are unreachable. Totally weird, but certainly not a zoom setting issue on the TV, I can hook up two other laptops to it, no issues.

Any input on both those subjects would be hugely appreciate, thanks!

8. kalhimeo

kalhimeo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have the same issue with my NP900X3A, the hdmi output will not show the edge of the display. I tried to play with the Intel Graphics settings with no success (I am running the Intel drivers from a clean Windows install, I never installed the Samsung drivers).

So I did not find any solution so far.

cheers

9. pardes3

pardes3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Could you make the intel rapid start installer available for download on one of the free hosting sites? From the website you can only get windows 7 version.

Thanks.

10. onetrev

onetrev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, well that's disturbing then that the HDMI output has issues with both sets of drivers. I guess the hope is for Samsung to sort it out with their driver update maybe. Come on Samsung, two months and still nothing. Frustration thy name is Samsung Service!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.