Samsung Series 7 - NP700Z5C-S03CA: My Last Hope

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Fitztorious, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yep..... I've read all the pages and tutorials but I might be doing something wrong...?

It made me wonder that your command ended as: /n /s /sa /ips /file xxxxxx.rom where in my temp bios carpet i don't have a .ROM file but a .CAP file

In the other hand in the same "temp" carpet I've place in desktop with the unpacked last BIOS, I have the option to run a program called winflash.exe

But there are many option and I don't know if I should use/

So your method should be better because doesn't touch something called MICOM am I right?

Many thanks! :)

2. MeGuinness

MeGuinness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you make a screenshot of what files are inside the Samsung folder and post it in here?

Mkii likes this.
  3. Nomad

Reputations:
    I hope you can see it.

Just a carpet on desktop.

I've also added the original and last BIOS package at the end.

BIOS TEMPO.png

4. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    SFlash64 /cvar /patch (like Fitztorious did) does NOT flash the BIOS, but rather clears the BIOS variables. That is indeed what we want in order to fix the corruption problem, but we don't know yet for sure if this leaves something empty that shouldn't be empty. Maybe some of the variables need to be set to certain values after being cleared (SFlash has commands to do that as well, we just don't know those values). That is why I recommended you wait until Fitztorious has reported a successfully installed and running Windows before attempting it.

Instead of waiting for that, I suggested you force flash the latest BIOS, EITHER using SFlash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file xxxxxx.rom (like MeGuinness did) OR using WinFlash.exe xxxxxx.rom /v /cs /sd /sv /svs (like isosunrise did). Or you could force flash an earlier version then update to the latest (which will ensure that Micom gets re-flashed as well).

But your BIOS file is one that contains .CAP files instead of .ROM files (as you pointed out) which is why SFlash64 couldn't find it when you executed sflash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file P03ABP.rom. So that command must have just failed. Presumably you need to use sflash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file P03ABP.cap instead, although I don't know if the same parameter work for .CAP files.

BUT WAIT: Fitztorious found that he was unable to force flash .CAP files, which is why he made the courageous step of trying the SFlash64 /cvar /patch command as the first member here. Since you also executed that command, I would assume that your computer is now in the same state as Fitztorious': The corruption is fixed and you will be able to enter BIOS (F2). And hopefully there is no collateral damage, neither from the SFlash64 /cvar /patch command (which cleared variabled) nor from the SFlash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file P03ABP.rom command (which we presume just failed).

I don't think there is anything else you can do now than reboot and hope you can enter BIOS with F2. You may have to try a few times to catch it. My fingers are crossed :)

Mkii likes this.
  5. Nomad

Reputations:
    Many thanks for the writing!

well I've just introduce

sflash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file P03ABP.cap

and again this legend pop up:

"Failed to detect Phoenix BIOS.

ERROR 255 - TDK library initialization failed! "

None of these commands works for me... its so strange.

I wonder that I'll have to take the "roll back" route as you explain also guarantees the correct re-flashing of Micom aswell?

or maybe I'll make some experiment using Winflash.exe directly and not with a command prompt.

Somebody knows which options should I choose?

Tempo WinFlash.png

I wish I have a .rom file instead of a .cap so I can get this done...

6. MeGuinness

MeGuinness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Make sure u do type the commands, don't copy paste

Mkii likes this.
  7. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Please read my last post again: I know I tend to be verbose (write long posts) but that's because this is a somewhat complex subject.

You are past trying to roll back or re-flash your BIOS. You already performed the SFlash64 /cvar /patch command. That means your problem is probably (hopefully) fixed -- though we don't know yet if there are any side effects.

You need to reboot now and try to get into BIOS. Remember, your BIOS has just been cleared. That's like cutting the branch on which you are sitting. So don't keep running Windows and performing more experiments in there!

Essentially continue from step (4) in my post from yesterday.

Mkii likes this.
  8. Nomad

Reputations:
    I've just tried this last command

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\__Samsung_Update>WinFlash.exe P03ABP.cap /v /cs /sd /sv /svs

and WinFlash kinda of tried to work but then this message pop up

BIOS 2.png

9. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Please, Merlok, just follow my suggestion. While I cannot guarantee it will work, it is your best chance. You are putting your computer at risk with these continued experiments. After you performed the SFlash64 /cvar /patch, your BIOS needs a reboot and have its settings reset to default.

10. Nomad

Reputations:
    I've unplugged and did the cold power on but nothing, pressing continuesly F2 sends me to Windows Manager where I can choose to boot on the current windows or give me also the option the press F8 for recovery.

But theres something that you all are missing. When I introduce the commands sflash64 /n /s /sa /ips /file P03ABP.cap or any sflash64 command this legend appears:

"" Failed to detect phoenix BIOS.

ERROR 255 - TDK library initialization failed ""

So Dannemand I don;t think that anything really happened in fact..

Performing the SFlash64 /cvar /patch does the same...