Samsung Series 7 - NP700Z5C-S03CA: My Last Hope

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Fitztorious, Oct 3, 2014.

1. plarfman

plarfman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i cant extract those files cuz i think the battery error is before it extracts, i do have 8.1 on it, theres also a sforce cmd which forces to flash the bios so i add /sforce somewhere but sadly it says

Addtional actions are not allowed when /force was specified!

2. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I see. Do you not get ANY prompts at all when you run that BIOS file (as Administrator)? You're supposed to copy the Samsung temp folder while that prompt is open, regardless of what the prompt says.

Anyways, sit on your hands for awhile and I'll take a look. (Seriously, sit on your hands, since you're just one misstep away from a hard bricked computer.)

3. plarfman

Reputations:
    When i run the exe as admin it says that theres no battery or the level is below 30%

What if i flash p05rac rom through the winflash thing since it dosent work cuz the micom is on p05rac but the bios is on po7rac

4. Dannemand

Reputations:
    I bet it's still extracting alright, it usually does. I got an error too related to my OS when trying to extract P05RAC (it's probaly looking for Win7, being so old). I had to use the trick described later in the rollback thread (here) with a BAT file looping to copy the temp folder contents while running the BIOS update file.

Anyways, I managed to download and extract P05RAC, zipped it and shared it on my Google Drive. I'll be interested to hear if that makes a difference for you. Again, please post the outcome here along with any steps you took to get there. Good luck to you.

I really have to get back to my other work now :)

Sure, you can try that. Or there may be additional parameters on SFlash64 to bypass checks like the battery. Otherwise the solution is probably to get a battery.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. plarfman

Reputations:
    I flashed the p05rac bios with winflash no longer boot loops but still cant boot into bios and empty boot menu still showing up (still can boot into windows 8.1 usb)

Is there a way to JUST wipe nvram without flashing bios and micom? OR make winflash wipe nvram?

Theres also a /sforce which says in help that it forces to flash the bios i try it and says some error about arguments

6. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Your STILL have not read post #7!

7. plarfman

Reputations:
    Well doing /cvar /patch gives me the no battery error, again theres a /sforce cmd but it dosent work with /cvar /patch

Or is there another way to clear the nvram?

8. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Yes, but that IS the way to clear NVRAM without flashing. And again, WinFlash cannot do it.

What we don't have is a way to do these things without a working battery in the laptop. That situation never occurred to me, but I do see the issue.

Again, my recommendation is to get a battery. But if there is another solution it would be great to know about it.

9. plarfman

Reputations:

Maybe making the program think theres 100% of battery, like driver stuff?

10. Dannemand

Reputations:
    Developing a driver to do that would be very time consuming, considering you can buy a new battery for $15. Probably less if you can find a used one.