Samsung Series 7 - NP700Z5C-S03CA: My Last Hope

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Fitztorious, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks I'll check that out!

2. hamode112

hamode112 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK so I have a Samsung laptop (NP300E5C), I Switched OS Selection Mode to CMS and after reboot it shows me this massage " All boot options are tried ... etc " and I cant Access the BIOS with F2

here is what I can do:
    1-Boot into Recovery With F4

2-Press F10 to access Boot Menu( After the first attempt at booting StrelecPE DVD, It Deleted "Boot from DVD" In the Boot Menu, but Laptop still boots itself from External Devices without force )

3- Boot From DVD without user input ( Laptop Reads the DVD and and boots from it )

Strange enough , I can boot into Windows 7 Via StrelecPE Selection Menu > Search & Start Windows 7/8
    I've checked if there is any entries in MSCONFIG, there's none...

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hi hamode112, sorry it took so long to respond to this. I saw your other post here that you are able to boot Windows. That's great, and makes it much easier to fix the problem.

You still have NVRAM corruption, which is why you cannot get into BIOS with F2. And the solution is as posted in this thread, specifically the guide in post #7, except you don't have to bother with WinPE since you are able to boot Windows.

So basically, you need to:

1) Download a BIOS update file for your laptop, using isosunrise's guide in the roll-back thread. It doesn't matter which version of BIOS, as you don't have to flash it -- but the latest version is the easiest to find (using the link towards the end of that guide). Then extract the contents of it using the trick described in that post.

2) Among the extracted files from the BIOS updater should be the BIOS flashing utility, such as sflash64 or WinFlash. Run that from an Administrator command prompt with the /cvar /patch parameters. This should clear the NVRAM and allow you back into BIOS and fix any problems with selecting your boot source.

3) To flush out any remaining gremlins, reset BIOS settings to default: Shut down and boot into BIOS with F2. You may have to temporarily disable Windows Fast Startup to make sure it fully shuts down and gives you enough time to hit F2. Once in BIOS, reset its settings to default (F9). Then carefully check that settings are correct for your type of Windows installation:

AHCI=enabled/Auto (in almost all cases)
    Fast Boot/Fast BIOS=disabled (can be re-enabled later to speed up boot)
    SecureBoot=disabled (can be re-enabled later to improve security)
    OS Mode Selection=UEFI OS (UEFI/GPT installations, usually Win8 and newer)
    OS Mode Selection=CSM OS (legacy BIOS/MBR installations, usually Win7)

Once you've seen that everything works, you can re-enable Fast BIOS and SecureBoot.

If you are NOT already on the latest BIOS version, you can also simply update to the latest, which also will clear NVRAM in the process. But don't do it from Samsung/SW Update. Use the safer procedure described here.

Fingers crossed. Please update us on your results :)

4. hamode112

Reputations:
    Thank you, I will start the process now.,
    My BIOS Version is P09RAQ , can I download another version which ends with 3 different letters?
    or can I use the same BIOS Version I downloaded from Samsung BIOSUpdate.exe , the name is ITEM_20131112_21254_WIN_P09RAQ.exe

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  5. Dannemand

Reputations:
    It's great that you already have a BIOS file, saves one more step. You still have to extract its contents by running it, but DON'T click OK, then copy the extracted files from a temp folder, then click CANCEL.

It is described in detail in @isosunrise's roll-back guide. Some people reported problems extracting recent BIOS updates, hopefully you won't have that problem.

And about the last three letters, that's the so-called Platform ID of your laptop. You can only use BIOS updates with that Platform ID. I just checked using the link at the end of isosunrise's guide, and P09RAQ is indeed the latest.

6. hamode112

Reputations:
    I Did exactly what you asked for , Copied the extracted folder from Temp folder, when I run SFlash64 it open a CMD window and then closes immediately , should I try SFlash32 or WinFlash?

7. Dannemand

Reputations:
    You have to open an Administrator Command Prompt (from the Win-X menu), change to the folder with the extracted files (using the cd <path> command), then type Sflash64 /cvar /patch.

Edit: If you're not comfortable using command prompts, then maybe it's best to read up a little first to get familiar. You don't want to make any mistakes with this procedure...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  8. hamode112

Reputations:
    /cvar /patch command successful , I will reboot now and see if I can access the BIOS Hopefully

9. hamode112

Reputations:
    cvar patch worked and now I can access the BIOS

And with that came a great cost . . . R.I.P Windows 7 , it lived a long 3 years life , it never disobeyed me and always finishing every task I throw at it ,

So anyway I ran the recovery and formatted the partition and installed the big mistake of all time -- Windows 8 ,

Thanks for the great help, I now have access to the BIOS all thanks to you

10. Dannemand

Reputations:
    @hamode112: Thank you for the update. Glad to hear it worked and you now have control over your laptop again.

Of course nothing prevents you from installing Win7, but you should install it in CSM mode to avoid those pesky UEFI issues -- which means wiping your disk completely and losing Recovery.

I didn't like Win8.x at first, but with a 3rd party Start Menu and disabling all the Metro stuff, it's been working really well for me. Faster than Win7 too.

I am running Win8.1 with Classic Shell on both my laptops. I recently installed Win10 on test partitions in order to Activate my Win10 license before the 2016/7/29 deadline, but then switched back to Win8.1 -- mostly because I don't have time to play with Win10 and get it up and running the way I want.