Samsung Series 7 Lovers - Here's The NP700Z5C Ivy Bridge!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @yjgfikl: I realize you were posting an update, not looking for advice!

For my part, I've been looking for a big-size laptop for a few years to replace my, not just aging, but seriously old HP HDX 18.4 inch. Haven't found a good one yet. The few candidates I found look like a tivoli of flashing lights and cost north of $3,500. Not interested. Last year I tried buying buying a used NP700Z7C on eBay, but was outbid.

Anyways, let us know how it goes if you go decide to take another stab at Easy Settings!

2. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I remember wanting the HDX such a long time ago. I'm pretty surprised you're still sing that thing! I hope you've got an SSD in it at least. Sounds like you're referring to Alienware with the lights, and they're the only guys I thought that made 17+ laptops at least for a while there.

Turns out that late version of Easy Settings did do the trick. Silent mode works again, as does my Bluetooth on startup. Also noticed that I have the Intel graphics control panel back in my system tray, which is nice. Furthermore, looks like it fixed the annoying oscillating fan noise!

Thanks a lot for all the help, who knew it would be so easy! Now to move onto my hardware fixes...

gadgetrants and Dannemand like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.