Samsung Series 7 Lovers - Here's The NP700Z5C Ivy Bridge!

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by yknyong1, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At that price it's totally worth it. It's a great laptop.

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That *is* a good deal, though it also depends on the seller and how they'll respond if there are hardware issues. Can you play with it in person before buying?

-Matt

3. LoudAndProud

LoudAndProud Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    While its from Best Buy. I have faith they are true when they say they painstakingly test there certified refurbs.

4. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    AH, excellent. Should we assume the 30-day return policy is in effect? I'd say go for it in that case.

-Matt

5. LoudAndProud

LoudAndProud Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think 15 days, but, that should be plenty of time to test it thoroughly, and I believe theres a 90 day warranty through either best buy or samsung.

6. Modred189

Modred189 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI- Best Buy covers any built in manufacturer warranty, so you never have to go through samsung. Best Buy actually does send it to them in many cases, but they take care of everything instead of you.

7. LuckRocks

LuckRocks Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the np700z5c with the stock HDD I put a SSD in and it was raising my CPU usage up like crazy so I put the stock HDD in, now its back to normal but my fan seems to be running more than it should my cpu usage is 0-3% anyone have the same problem? Thanks a lot!

8. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    You're describing something exactly like I've seen on my machine -- but you'd have to be using Firefox and have thousands of tabs open for it to be the same problem. In any case, I put "about:memory" in the location bar, scrolled down to the bottom, selected "Minimize memory usage" 2 or 3 times, and voila those few extra CPU cycles were gone. I'd guess it's some poorly-written Java or similar script/code that continues to run after closing a tab that's the culprit. Of course I really doubt you have the same issue, in which case I'd check out Resource Monitor or if you have it, Process Explorer!

-Matt

9. LuckRocks

LuckRocks Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The only things that are running are Internet explorer (.8%) System interrupts (.1%) System (.1%)

10. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    Ah wait I think I confused myself. You're saying CPU usage is low to none, but fan is still noticeable. I'm going to channel John here and ask: is it possible you were in "quiet" mode before and now it's "normal" fan use?

Here's a different tack: how have ambient temperatures changed over the last week or two? I've found that back when it was below 50F outside, my CPU tended to stay under 50C (we're very stingy with heating and air conditioning). Now that outdoor temps are closer to 60F (or 70F today) I'm noticing my idle temps are also 5+C degrees warmer and my fan is quiet but on a lot more.

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.